How to engage a community of professionals?

Vivek Vardhan
8 replies
I have been running a slack channel for a month now where growth and enthusiasm are good among founding members. Being small helps as everyone knows everyone. But moving ahead what shall I do to keep signals high and noises low. I wish the community to be moderately engaged. Any other tips regarding community management is welcome. Thanks, V

Replies

Tiagorbf
@maxwellcdavis @marketing_baba My only tip here is to make it a payed community because that way there is a natural filter to make sure that your members are not spammers and are engaged
Vivek Vardhan
@maxwellcdavis @tiagorbf Thanks for answering. One follow back Q, Why will anyone pay if the idea is networking? I think you need an additional value to make a paid community successful. Much like trends.co and trends.vc
Siena Romes
We use chat rooms like RumbleTalk to connect with each other. Currently, we're having fun with polls so we use that a lot for engagement. This is also a good tool to know what your community likes as you can ask them community-related questions and get feedback.
Vivek Vardhan
@siena_romes Polls sounds good. Thanks for the tip.