How to engage a community of professionals?

Vivek Vardhan
8 replies
I have been running a slack channel for a month now where growth and enthusiasm are good among founding members. Being small helps as everyone knows everyone. But moving ahead what shall I do to keep signals high and noises low. I wish the community to be moderately engaged. Any other tips regarding community management is welcome. Thanks, V

Replies

Siena Romes
We use chat rooms like RumbleTalk to connect with each other. Currently, we're having fun with polls so we use that a lot for engagement. This is also a good tool to know what your community likes as you can ask them community-related questions and get feedback.
Tiagorbf
@maxwellcdavis @marketing_baba My only tip here is to make it a payed community because that way there is a natural filter to make sure that your members are not spammers and are engaged
Vivek Vardhan
@maxwellcdavis @tiagorbf Thanks for answering. One follow back Q, Why will anyone pay if the idea is networking? I think you need an additional value to make a paid community successful. Much like trends.co and trends.vc