How often do you check your bank account balance, stocks or crypto portfolio? ๐Ÿ“ˆ ๐Ÿค“

Benoit Chambon
59 replies
Does it depend on special occurrence? Do you have a routine? I noticed not everyone check their personal investments information at the same frequencyโฑ

Replies

Jibril  Quincy
This question got me really thinking. I do the check twice everyday. In the Morning and later after office hours.
Benoit Chambon
@mou_jb So you have kind of a routine, do you?
Alex Papageorge
Ohhhh boy... Recently, it's been BAD. I think partially though cause I've been in more crypto since covid and the exchanges works much 24/7 vs 5 days /week.
Benoit Chambon
@alex_papageorge haha indeed, crypto exchanges are not regulated so there's no open and close market time ^^
Rashmi Gupta
only once in a while :)
Benoit Chambon
@rashjbp for what reason? When you're waiting for a transaction to pass, for instance? :)
Rashmi Gupta
@benoit_chambon I get so busy, I know things are more or less fine, I just dont get time..is it unusual? I dont know
Rashmi Gupta
@benoit_chambon Sorry, I thought you are asking reason for not to open..Yea I open it to check some big transaction or like in year end to file taxes etc
Benoit Chambon
@rashjbp I don't think so, it depends on people interest about their balance tracking :) I also know persons around me that check their portfolio or bank account quarterly ^^ Anyway, I do agree, it can take time, even more if you can have a quick and easy look on your account... Is it an issue you face?
Benoit Chambon
@rashjbp By "issue", I mean interface issue, or application accessibility (for instance)?
Benoit Chambon
@chandan_shopify only this day? you never check your balance? :)
Josue Julcarima
Once or twice a day, just to see how it is going. And once a week I do a deeper check and maybe open/close positions. Probably depends on what kind of trading/investing you are into.
Benoit Chambon
@josue_0 I think so too ;) What do you mean by "deeper" check? Do you mean checking your historical transactions? :)
Josue Julcarima
@benoit_chambon Yes, historical transactions, performance so far (yearly rate of return), performance of each position (and whether its calculated yearly rate of return has achieved my target) and some research in order to decide whether to close some positions and/or open others.
Josue Julcarima
@benoit_chambon haha, btw in my case that is for stocks, for crypto is totally different: in crypto I am basically only holding
Benoit Chambon
@josue_0 wow, thanks for this accurate reply! If I may ask, why do you more focus on a yearly scale than monthly (for instance)?
Benoit Chambon
@josue_0 Very interesting! As crypto exchanges are not regulated like traditional ones, they are not bound by open/close market time; as a result, we may assume that a "normal" crypto holder should be more active on its assets tracking than for its stocks portfolio. But it seems to be the exact opposite: you're not the first person telling me that is more active on stock markets watching ;)
Jack Davis
Apparently humans are more likely to act irrational and make a trade if you check often. When investing it is typically better to hold long term. Checking too often could actually cause you to loose out on riches. I check everyday that being said hahah :(.
Benoit Chambon
@jack_davis7 Hahaha, you check everyday but do you consider yourself as an irrational investor then? ;) (I see what you mean btw, but my point is that I think irrational will remain irrational, no matter if they "hodl" or trade everyday, but I can be wrong haha!)
Fabian Maume
For crypto and stock : when I plan to make an order For bank account: 15th & 30th of the month.
Benoit Chambon
@fabian_maume Oh, very interesting. But what do you plan your order on? About your bank account checking frequency: why 15th and 30th? If I may ask... ;)
Fabian Maume
@benoit_chambon 15th & 30th of the month. is when I issue my clients invoice and check if the last were paid. I'm also deciding if I want to move more cash to saving. It isn't hard to know how much is left on your bank account for 2 weeks. For deciding when to make order: - When I move cash to saving on 15th & 30th I need to choose which position to open - I have alert for the spot price of the different assets I'm interested in. - When I discover some interesting asset I making fundamental analysis and then decide to take position or not.
Benoit Chambon
@fabian_maume Wow thank you for this accurate answer! You seem very methodical! If I may, how do you receive price alert? Phone/desktop? Push/email? :)
Fabian Maume
@benoit_chambon Phone: Revolut & Delta apps.
Cedric Misner
couple of times in a day. Why? Don't judge me๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Benoit Chambon
@cedric_misner haha no don't worry about that! It's not about frequency only, it's all about the reasons of the frequency, so I'm a bit curious why you check it "couple of times a day" :)
Valentin Haarscher
For stock investments & crypto : by the hour (really) at the beginning, then every day and now moving slowly towards a longer term/more mature approach -> i.e. probably still checking it informally every 2-3 days but not with the same excitement :)
Benoit Chambon
@valentin_haarscher I guess excitement depends on the market's mood maybe? I must admit I check prices more often when it's bull market ;)
Ben Morrison
Pretty much daily - mostly focused on reconciling expense transactions rather than stock/crypto balances.
Benoit Chambon
@benmorrison oh okay! Is it because you're in a "hodl" strategy?
Ben Morrison
@benoit_chambon - so I'll walk that back some - my previous statement stands for 95% of my overall financial portfolio. Whereas for the 5% I've got allocated to play with in Robinhood, I check multiple times a day out of curiousity (maybe boredom) - looking for stuff to buy. ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ™Œ
Martin Delobbe
Too many times haha! When the market is up, I get over excited and I check it several times in a day. I think it is also due to the volatility of crypto and the constant up and downs.
Benoit Chambon
@martin_delobbe1 I do agree haha! Maybe you'd spent less time in watching price variation if you could set up threshold-price alerts, right? ;)
Veronika Vinichenko
In salary day and when I receive a notification of the flow of funds on the card :)
Benoit Chambon
@nika_vinichenko thanks for your reply! If I may, does your notification come from your bank app or from another (like a banking accounts aggregator for instance)? :)
Veronika Vinichenko
@benoit_chambon Banking application notification :)
Adrian Topka
stocks/ crypto - every morning, just for fun :D
Migu Rico
Additionally, trading bots can be programmed to take advantage of arbitrage opportunities, which is when a trader buys a coin at a lower price on one exchange and immediately sells it for a higher price on a different exchange. This can be particularly profitable if the difference between the two exchanges is large. Trading bots can also be used to make crypto trades according to predetermined strategies. In conclusion, crypto trading bots provide traders with the ability to automate their trading, open and close orders faster than they would be able to do manually, and take advantage of arbitrage opportunities to increase profits. By using trading bots, traders can streamline their trading processes and free up valuable time. Visit the site for more details https://3commas.io/blog/best-cry...