how many times do you check emails each day?

Nicole Ogloza
8 replies
In 4 hour workweek by Tim Ferriss, He mentioned that he only checks his email once in the morning and once at night. To some extent this is good to limit time on, but does it work for everyone? What if there are time sensitive things to keep moving things along?

Replies

Vaibhav Taneja
Well, I use this trick so that Time-sensitive emails are not skipped and I can check my emails accordingly- 1. As a rule your inbox should always be empty. Or it should only contain the emails you intend to work on a particular day. 2. So for any new email I receive I have to do 1 of these things: a) I either archive it because it doesn't require an action from your end. Or delete it if it’s spam. No need to let it linger in my inbox. b) It requires action from me and I have time to deal with it at present so you reply to it after working on it. c) It requires action from me, but I don't have the time to deal with it right now. so I *snooze* it for a day/time when I think you will be able to deal with it.
Nicole Ogloza
@vaibhav_taneja thanks for this. It's super helpful!
Yuri Lisin
I check it 3-4 times per day since there are different time zones I'm involved in with their own activity peaks
Daniel Engels
4 times a day for me. Unless I expect some important email.
Fares
at least 20 times a day
Kazimieras Melaika
I check it every morning and then stay up to date with notifications on my phone (just a quick glance to see if I got something important).
I check it first thing in the morning, a few times during the workday, and once at night.