How many of you think backlinks consider as important for SEO

Aamit Sainii
11 replies

Replies

arun garg
Links will always remain importnat for atleast next 5 years
David J. Kim
By backlinks, do you mean when websites link to yours? Well, one of the insights Larry Page and Sergey Brin had was about scientific papers. They found that the more citations a scientific paper had, the more valuable it was. They took that same insight and put it on Google. They found the best sites had other sites linking to them. So I'd say they are pretty important.
Ng Fang Kiang
This is mainly because of the Domain Authority Score. This means it is an indicator for search engines that the domain is reputable and not spam.
Anushree Sadhu
Backlinks are important for sure, in that they're quite impactful. But it's important to get high-quality backlinks, i.e. from websites with high domain authority. Every backlink is interpreted as a 'vote of confidence by the search engine, and the more trustworthy backlinks it finds, the higher score it gives to your domain.
I still think that it's pretty important to use backlinks - but it's got to be done the right way. I'm sure @roberto_robles has some views on this too
Roberto Robles
@maxwellcdavis Thanks for the mention Max I agree 100%, backlinks are still very important for SEO, especially if you are trying to rank for competitive keywords. But just as @anushree_sadhu said, backlink quality is key. Also, topical relevancy plays a big role. A link from a baby blog to a SaaS website won't be as powerful because there is no topical relevancy. I wrote more about it here: https://roberto.digital/newslett...
Såg Kungen
Not as important as it use to be but still really important.
eva norah
I am new here. Thanks for sharing the informative content. I also need backlinks for: best paintball pistols under 500