How many Languages....

Jaskiran Kaur
58 replies
How many languages do you speak and what you think, is it good to be multi-lingual or monolingual and does multi-languages help in making the brain more alert or not.

Replies

SHAHIDUL IMRAN
I can speak Bengali & English. Bengali is my native language.
Cica-Laure Mbappé
Hi there! Interesting question! I speak French (native), English, Spanish, and a little bit of Mandarin. I don't think it makes the "brain more alert" it's just that you can think in multiple languages, which broadens your mind. For me, it's a part of personal development. Speaking several languages has so many benefits ( being more confident to travel, work internationally, having friends all around the globe...), and being multilingual it's definitely something we should encourage more in education.
Jaskiran Kaur
@cica_laure_mbappe I agree with you Cica and also when we learn a new language, it fills refreshment in boring life. I felt that while learning Korean!!!
Natalie Karakina
I speak Russian, Finnish (learned at school), English, and German For me, language is more about the instrument – to reach people or knowledge
Jaskiran Kaur
@marjia_akter1 That's great Marjia. Which are these two languages?
Linda Liepa
My native language is Latvian and I speak English and a little bit of Russian, Lithuanian and German. For sure, more languages you know, better! In my experience, knowing languages, even basics gives you better job opportunities and the ability to fit in as an expat in a country that doesn't speak your native language.
Jaskiran Kaur
@linda_liepa True Linda. If we are in another country and don't speak their language, it is difficult to connect with them but when we learn even a little bit, it still becomes easy to interact with them
Margot Soulier
Hello everyone, I'm native french and speak/write English everyday in my company. I could speak a little bit of German. I really enjoy speaking English but I will not say that it help to make my brain more alert. I will say it brings me more open-mindedness and a wider range of job opportunities. Today, I write a lot in English and I sometimes have more difficulty writing in French... it's funny the things the brain does sometimes!
Abdullah Al Numan
My Native language is Bengali, But I can speak English and Hindi also!
Md Mahmud
I KNOW 2 LANGUAGES. AND ARABIC IS BEST
Md. Ekram Hossan
I use 2 language. But Multi-lingual has higher capabilities of getting any job. It's a good side.
MD. KAWSAR RUMI
Two languages.Yes
Jaskiran Kaur
@rumi4 That's great Rumi, which are these?
Aditya
I speak Hindi and Marathi fluently. I have full professional fluency in English. I speak beginner's Italian. Being multi-lingual helps you appreciate similarities and differences in different languages and cultures. Being multi-lingual also helps you connect with people of different backgrounds. (I did my PhD in natural language processing. I love human and computer languages)
Jaskiran Kaur
@aditya_joshi7 Wow, NLP, that is awesome and also you know so many languages, that is incredible Aditya.
Pro121
I speak in Bangla and hindi fluently And knows english as well as
Manish Rawat
2, English and Hindi, what about u??
Jaskiran Kaur
@manish_rawat1 I can speak and write : English, Hindi and Punjabi. I have started learning Korean and these days I am also following a man on youtube shorts, he teaches Japanese.
Sadia Afrin
I Speak two language...Bengali & English. Bengali is my native language.
runia_tanbin
i know 4languages and i think it really good to know! It makes you eligible to connect more and more people which is obviously a good thing. And learning is never worthless.
Muhammed Ibrahim
I speak Malyalam,tamil,hindi,english and kannada Mostly regional languages and it does help in conversing with localites while travelling and i completely agree with the point of being able to think in that language.
Laurent Pellegrino
Does programming languages are counting? :D
Jaskiran Kaur
@ouaibou I would love to know Laurent. I am too quite familiar with C,C++, Java and lit bit of .net and html, if you count in a programming language 😁
Gianfranco Belmonte
I think it is good to know several languages for work or business purposes. In my case I speak Spanish as a native speaker and a little English, with a tendency to improve it.
Jaskiran Kaur
@gianfranco_belmonte2 That's great Gian. Improving is always good. I love to learn and improve my skills too.
Ahmadullah Junaeid
I can speak in Bengali, English, Hindi, Urdu & Arabic slightly