How many hours do you sleep?

Mahak from Outgrow
18 replies
There is always a conflict between being successful and oversleeping. Most people say every successful person sleeps just 3 hr or so. Is it true? Does sleep define the level of success? How many hours of sleep do you get? I think sleeping even for 9 hrs doesn't define the level of productivity, Every person has its limitations. I sleep for 8 hrs and I think that's my limitation.

Replies

saif khan
Sleeping does play a huge part in productivity: Everyone gets the same 24hours a day, the difference is how you use it :) I usually sleep for about 7hrs :)
Steven Zhu
"Most people say every successful person sleeps just 3 hr or so." I seriously doubt that's true. That seems unhealthy and unsustainable. If it is true then I don't want to be successful. I need at least 6 hours or I won't feel 100% the next day.
Mahak from Outgrow
@steven_rh Same! I also need 7 hr sleep or so. I don't know if it's true or not but I doubt these facts when people say successful entrepreneurs generally sleep for 3 hrs or so.
About 5-6 for me, I'd extend it if I didn't have young children that have a standard wake up time!
Maciej Cupial
7-8 hrs is perfect for me. I recommend Oura ring to measure it.
Mahak from Outgrow
@maciej_cupial Thanks for sharing, will try!
Jakub Piskor
I need 7-8 hours of sleep, otherwise I'm totally unproductive. I tried to sleep less, and it didn't work for me. I'm just a regular guy in need of regular sleep. :)
Mahak from Outgrow
@jakub_piskor Sounds the same! 7-8 hrs sleep is a must, especially when we are using screens(laptops, phones, etc) for almost the whole day.
Wiktoria Jaszcza
@jakub_piskor same here. 6 and 6,5 did'n work. 7 is fine :)
Graeme O’Connor
I think most people don't get enough sleep. The book Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker absolutely change my understanding and thinking on it. I used to sleep 7-8h thinking that was enough for me, the problem is that you cant tell how much sleep you need until you stop using an alarm. Setting a wake up time is like picking your car up from the mechanic before they've finished repairing. It may start and seem to drive fine, but it doesn't mean that it's fine inside and damage isn't accumulating. It takes a few months to getting use to it but now I sleep 8h30/9 and i'm so much more productive. Don't worry you wont oversleep - you'll just wake up when your body has had enough. It's also much healthier, as the book explains. Trust me read that book - it will change your life.
Mahak from Outgrow
@iamgoconnor Nice! This is such a different perspective. It seems true. Thanks for sharing. I will read that book.
Daniel Engels
9 hours on average. It can go down to 2 hours if needed, or up to 11 hours to recover.
smith jordan
I sleep for 7 hours and I think its enough for me.Because,I am a big fan of playing video games and most of my time spend in this activity.My favorite game which I play https://x8spedersapk.id/ and I really enjoy it.