How many breaks you (should) take in an 8 hour work day?

Maria
13 replies
How many breaks you take daily? Do you prefer one longer or many short pauses? ^_^

Replies

Fares
Several cigarette and coffee breaks! but often speaking of work, does that count?
Maria
@fares_aktouf Indeed :D It is tricky especially in an office where people usually think they need ''an excuse'' for a break.. :D
Maria
@fares_aktouf To be honest I wouldn't count it XD But I guess it wouldn't be fair towards people who are not drinking coffee or smoking cigarettes.. :))
Maria
@fares_aktouf I am wondering the same :DDD
Fares
@maria_brm ah :D it can't be easy for them
Sanjna
I take one longer break because the short breaks can often turn into longer ones, without you even noticing. And in turn, you get less work done than you decided.
Maria
@g_sanjna So true! It was happening to me before while working in an office.. Time slides away and it end up that I must finish things at home.. :// Remote working made me so much more productive.. ^^
Sabine Ruest
Those who strictly adhered to taking brief breaks were significantly more productive than those who worked longer shifts. 52 minutes of work, followed by 17 minutes of rest, was the perfect work-to-break ratio. I pause for two minutes to smoke Even though I am aware of its risks, I must take it. An uninterrupted rest break of at least 20 minutes, taken during the day rather than at the start or conclusion of it, if you are 18 or older and work for more than 6 hours per day (eg tea or lunch break) Between each workday, there are 11 hours of uninterrupted rest.