How many apps/day do you use for your work?

Moritz Kaiser
9 replies
We all use different apps everyday for work. Be it for communication with the team or clients, different apps from the google workspace or data tools or job specific tools like figma, canva, mailchimp, pipedrive etc. I personally use about 14 different apps per day, including apps like slack, telegram, gmail, google docs, mailchimp, wordpress and more. Since working remotely the number of different communication and knowledge sharing tools has doubled for me. Have you noticed any changes lately? What are your most frequently used apps, comment below?

Replies

Wiktoria Jaszcza
Hi Moritz, as @paul_vanzandt said, it's easy to forget the most obvious ones :) I use safari, notes, messages, ticktick, pixelmator, sidenotes, gmail, keynote, mindnode, screenflow, fivenotes, pages, deepl.
Paul VanZandt
I probably use around 10 but could be up to 15-20 on a hectic day. It's easy to forget that things like Google Chrome are apps that you don't "have" to use, they've just become so integral to our workflow. I use Slack, Gmail, ClickUp, and Zoom the most on a regular basis.
Moritz Kaiser
@paul_vanzandt very true, hectic days are also getting pretty common. But your are right, once an app becomes part of a workflow it becomes so natural to use it.
Can't describe the exact number. But I would rather say that being a marketing professional, I have to engage with many apps and have become so indulged in this that sometimes I don't realize whether I am dealing with any application or just googling it!
Adriel Cruz
I use Skype, Google Meet, Gmail, Slack for communication. Then Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Figma for design purposes.
Vaibhav Taneja
I also use above 15 apps in a day, being a marketer you need multiple platforms to be efficient & creative.
Moritz Kaiser
@vaibhav_taneja most definitely, I think it's great for us marketers that there are so many great apps for marketing, but also sometimes it gets too much and I can't even decide^^
Kazimieras Melaika
Probably something between 5 and 10. On a regular basis, 4-5 are the most important for me (Slack, Figma, ClickUp, Gmail, gdocs) Btw, we’re launching in late May. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Luca Baader
Not a lot. All I need at work is figma, photoshop, depositphotos, slack, gmail, zoom. And maybe some tools for better communication and money transfer apps. I think that's all