How does your Startup make use of LinkedIn?

Martina Hackbartt
18 replies
Hi, hunters! Hope you are having a great beginning of the year so far. Our team is still working on our LinkedIn strategy. For this reason, I wanted to ask other teams how they use LinkedIn as a way to create brand awareness. Do you post fun content? Just updates? Is your LinkedIn still pretty much unplanned? Let me know! :)

Replies

Michel raugh
we use LinkedIn for any business because here fake users are very less so LinkedIn is best in these days
We use Linkedin mostly for updates and occasionally some fun stuff. For instance, today we published a Mamma Mia video parody for startups and VCs (https://www.linkedin.com/feed/up...) and it's mixed in with a bunch of more serious posts about what's happening, of course with a fun flair :) We plan out specific days for specific posts so we have a continuous presence and we specifically look at those posts that got us the most followers and activity to help guide us in the right marketing direction. Hope this helps a bit!
Martina Hackbartt
@maxine_buchert Hi Maxine! Omg, I laughed so hard to the mamma mia video. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts!
Manoj Ranaweera
We unleash some of our 3,080 Volunteers on Linkedin who bring us more Volunteers every day. www.skilledup.life - free talent for tech startups We are slowly transferring what works for us to our customers. I don't do fun! My own Linkedin profile is 100% unplanned. It's a dumping ground for my thoughts. None refined. #BuildInPublic.
Janinah
Need to stay utilising linkedin more in all honesty. Though I did Come across this video earlier, so thought I'd share: https://youtu.be/IOdU44bMqZw
Not currently using LinkedIn as yet to market - but what I do know is that it's undervalued and poorly used. Company pages are ok for general updates but the real engagement comes from personal relationships on LinkedIn - so use those instead for the content.
Dhruv Shah
Put PDFs from insta pages on LinkedIn. We've scaled up to a 150k following for a product called Finshots.
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
We usually post at least once a week. We try to provide our followers with some real value, and also share some fun things and behind-the-scenes moments at Amy :)
Martina Hackbartt
@lior_galante_cohen If I have to be honest, I absolutely adore Amy's Linkedin posts! They're so relatable.
Rosie Higgins
We try and post a few times a week from our company page. It's useful to keep people up to date and leads trickle in from that activity as well. It was a fantastic platform for me when I was freelance, I got a lot of organic leads with minimal effort, in fact it was the only way I found clients other than through personal contacts. As a start-up it's less useful for our product, but there are still benefits to be gained if you can leverage it properly.
Daniel Depetris
I believe that on this score, we are far behind.
Fred Chris
LinkedIn helps my startup through marketing. I set up a personal profile and create a page for my company. After which I start to post content related to what my 3d animation video services do @ https://video.bonfbiz.com Then, I was able to build an audience on LinkedIn of people who want to buy from me. When ready to launch a product, I have a group of people to sell to.
Rosie Sherry
This is for the company I founded but no longer run day to day, mostly they've used the company page feature, it has done quite well with over 60k followers. The best part has been engaging with relevant questions and no promotion/ad money was spent on any of this. https://www.linkedin.com/company...
PJ Rawel
LinkedIn is probably the most focused social platform. No one visits LinkedIn for entertainment. There are many other places for entertainment like FB, Insta, TikTok, etc. People go there for real business such as jobs and recruitment, brand awareness & community building, etc. Said that, I don't mean that you can't share fun stuff at all. It can work in some industries like child/parenting etc. However, more focus should be on sharing niche-relevant content that addresses the concerns and pain points of your target audience. Last but not least, consistency is the key.