How do you think your product is different from the rest?

Martina Hackbartt
25 replies
Good Monday, everyone! I wanted to share with you a quick question and mental exercise: which features make your product unique and different from the rest? Hope you have a good beginning of the week, Martina

Replies

Taja Marcetic
Our ergonomic wrist rest called Carpio (
) is one of a kind because it actually glides together with your hand instead of holding it steady in one place. You should definitely check it out because it's a game changer. We're actually launching it in 2 days here on Product Hunt, so if it looks interesting to you, you can go follow our CEO @forst so you can up vote for it on the 27th :D
Martina Hackbartt
@taja_marcetic Hey Taja! Just upvoted. Congrats on being on the 2nd position today :)
Martina Hackbartt
@forst @taja_marcetic Hi Taja! Wow this looks like a great idea. I'll stay tuned to the launch, thank you for sharing!
Taja Marcetic
@martina_hackbartt Thanks! Just follow our CEO so you'll get a notification when it's up :) Also if you upvote our product you'll automaticly be participating in a giveaway for a Carpio or ICONOMI Crypto trading gift card:)
Taja Marcetic
@martina_hackbartt We just lauched it today! 🎉So if you still find our product cool, please support us by voting for us 😊 would mean a lot! Thanks! https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Judy Chen
My team's product, SmartMatch, works to help job seekers and hiring managers in IT improve the whole recruiting process. Job seekers are able to get a comprehensive evaluation of their resume that offers advice not only for their resume but also for their career path as a whole, with up-to-date market insights! As for hiring managers, they are able to easily and clearly see match analyses for candidates so they can choose based on the aspects most important to them and spend more time on the best matches for their team!
Martina Hackbartt
@judy_chen1 Hi, Judy! wow, that sounds amazing and truly different to what other job portals have to offer. I'll bear this app in mind for the future.
Judy Chen
@martina_hackbartt Thank you so much! Our launch is planned for Nov. 4th, please let us know what you think!
Cristina Imre
@judy_chen1 @martina_hackbartt I love to see this support and bonding here. I am very new on Product Hunt, we'll also have a launch soon in the HR tech space and it seems we complement your product well, Judi. It's very nice to see innovation in recruitment because although there are many tools, the need are still not covered enough and the Great Resignation pinpointed a lot of issues to be addressed.
Martina Hackbartt
@judy_chen1 Of course! Remind me when you launch so my team and I can give you some support :)
We haven't launched yet - but that was a big part of our market research. Primarily we have two things: 1) Our product just looks better than the incumbent - theirs is still their 1.0 version.... 2) Our product is focused on markets that the incumbent hasn't built a product for specifically (although it is used extensively)
Martina Hackbartt
@maxwellcdavis Hi Maxwell! I'd love to hear about your product when you launch. The best of luck!
Carsten Pleiser
Although, we've only launched our public beta of Paperless.io, the differentiators are: 1. We focus on audiences/markets that are underserved by incumbents because these audiences are simply not interesting enough to those incumbents 2. We focus on data security and privacy (servers in Germany) and user experience & design. In addition, I'm having dozens of interviews with our users and those that didn't convert to learn more.
Martina Hackbartt
@ckpleiser Hi Carsten! That sounds like a great differentiation factor! I'm interested: how would you describe what Paperless.io is about in one sentence?
Margarita Shvetsova
@ckpleiser Hi Carsten, lots of customer development interviews are great at this stage! 👏 I am curious how do you manage to get such interviews with those who didn't convert? Usually they are just like, meh I am not interested so why should I waste my time? :|
Jaskiran Kaur
My company's Products: CereKart and CereHome CereKart is an On-Demand Delivery App that can be used for any type of Delivery Business like grocery delivery, food delivery, medicine delivery, etc. It is a ready-to-market product but we also customize the product according to the client's business. https://www.cerebruminfotech.com... CereHome caters to the needs of all types of home service businesses. It has four role-based apps- the admin app, service provider app, service agent app, and customer app. Different apps ensure every role has a dedicated app, and they can work without any confusion. https://www.cerebruminfotech.com...
Martina Hackbartt
@jaskiran_kaur Hi Jaskiran! How are you doing today? Sounds like a great alternative to the on-demand apps in the market today. Thank you for sharing :)
Leandro Zubrezki
I am launching Notion2Shees today, we are a specialized alternative to Zapier, Automate.io, etc. We focused in one specific use case, integrating Notion with Google Sheets. It is possible with those other tools, but it is much easier with Notion2Sheets, having something specifically built enables you features that are not possible with the other more general solutions. - We automatically apply formats, data validation, colors, etc. - We support all Notion properties and apply links, text format, etc. - We allow to send values from Sheets to Notion for specific columns and more. - We support recurring tasks and even dynamic Notion blocks. That got me thinking that there are probably other opportunities around investigating popular Zaps and then building specific solutions 🤔
Nithur
Everything makes it unique. It is only one of its kind. No similar tools exist. Sorry to be so braggart. Let me tell you. I've built an automatic writing habit tracker that can measure your writing progress on any site. Ex: Medium, Quora, Facebook, Notion, Substack, or your personal blog. Writers can set a word count goal, write on their fav sites, track their progress automatically, and stay on a streak with the in-built goal calendar. The primary motive of the app is to build a consistent writing habit among writers. But the hardest part is marketing. 😅 It's a pain. I have an intuition that more people want to build a writing habit. I built this to help them. But taking it in front of them feels impossible as an indiehacker.
Martina Hackbartt
@nithur Hi Nithursan! I really really like this idea. What's the name of your product? And also yes, Marketing's quite hard especially with so many producs out there. I wish you all the best
Nithur
@martina_hackbartt Hello Martina! Thank you for the appreciation. Here is the link to my product: https://chrome.google.com/websto...
Cristina Imre
Thanks for this thread @martina_hackbartt. So many amazing creators here trying to solve real needs from the market and make our world a better place. Aecho Hire eliminates bad hires and profiles the best fits for the job by testing human complexity through voice & emotions. The longer version: Pre-determined AI-driven voice-based interviews through the web with your chosen candidates. You'll receive in-depth data about personality, soft skills, performance, churn predictor, emotional data, overall job fit, highlights, red flags with summary and actionable data. We analyze 154 KPIs for each question (tonal analysis, emotions, text) and we provide a deep psychometric profile with a summary that backs up our findings. We intend to become the most reliable people reader leveraging the uniqueness of the voice and the power of AI. Our philosophy is that when you uncover the real person behind the "mask" and without carrying about gender, race, or ethnicity you are equipped with the right insights that will enable your right actions. We'll use the same system for employees and the utility of our technology is wide. The voice of truth sets us free. Please feel free to ask me anything or add your valuable insights. I'm new here but it seems a great community to be in. https://www.aecho.ai/aecho-hire-...
Martina Hackbartt
@cristinaimre Hi Cristina! Thanks a lot to you for your contribuition. I gotta say I'm truly amazed by Aecho! Seems like a very valuable tool for HR teams. Congrats on such a great initiative!