How do you test your Value Proposition?

Junior Owolabi
9 replies
I have noticed that startups, especially SAAS startups, don't clearly communicate their value propositions (resulting in startup death). Some say, use a landing page, but that is passive testing that requires a host of analytics tools to only determine the traffic and events on your site, not if you are providing value. What methods do you use to test your value proposition?

Replies

Victor
Just with this tips : Twitter for : - Build in public - Create a community - Collect free value - Learn, grow - Exchange with kindness Reddit for : - Test an idea - Validate an idea - Promote an idea - Collect unfiltered feedback - Get your first customers
Asraful Islam
Okay, you think you have nailed a good value proposition for your new product? You like it, your friends like it. Good. But what matters is that your future customers want it or at least understand it. Here are 4 ways to test this value proposition with your potential customers: Online Ads Landing Page Pitch Solution Interview
Junior Owolabi
@asrafulsg19 With Landing Page (email signups are useless unless you verify the email), online ads are bad at this stage (ROI), Pitch (most people don’t like sales men pitching them), but solutions is a great suggestion, thanks.
Hanna Barzakouskaya
@asrafulsg19 @rilwan_owolabi1 From my point of view, trying to pitch is a way to test the quality of your pitch. That definitely isn't a bad idea because it's a big deal to create a good pitch. The same is a Landing Page. Different styles of the landing pages will give different results.
Junior Owolabi
@anna_panchenko I checked Healsens, your Company LinkedIn Page, has a broken link to https://nsenes.health/ (unless it is just not accessible outside of holland)
Hanna Barzakouskaya
I tried different ways like running the survey or talking with different customers. I think that the real conversation gave the most valuable results. At least, during the conversations, I could range customers' needs and define their willingness to pay for it.
Junior Owolabi
@anna_panchenko that is exactly what I was thinking, and you get feedback straight as opposed to the alternatives.
Hanna Barzakouskaya
@rilwan_owolabi1 yep, 100%. I also asked to rate the needs the next ways: 1 - ready to pay 0.7 - must have but not ready to pay 0.2 - wish to have 0 - no needs It helps to aggregate the results.