How do you test your email copy? ✍🏻

Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
26 replies
Hi! After coming up with the copy for your email - whether it's sales, marketing, or customer-service emails, how do you then test to see if it works? How do you A/B test different versions of the same email? Any cool tools you're using?

Replies

Hamed Baatour
I'm using Mautic (an open-source tool) to send emails for intab.io it takes a little bit of time to set up at first but it's well worth it. has pretty much every feature you will ever need.
David Abaev
We've been using SendinBlue, seems to do the job for us
Alexey Shashkov
Hello, Lior. A very interesting topic. I never tested my email copies. Is that necessary when you have a ton of marketing emails?
@shashcoffe I think it's important to test whether or not your copy is effective and indeed leads prospects/users to take the action you'd like them to take :)
Nick Freiling
Send one version to 5% of my email list. Send a second version to a different 5% of my email list. Send the better-performing version to the remaining 90% the next day. I don't let it drag out. A/B testing can go on forever!
@nickfreiling Yes, A/B testing is very useful. Do you do it manually or is there a tool you use for that?
Nick Freiling
@lior_galante_cohen Just manually. There are lots of tools, but it's not hard to do manually. I think the tools are overkill for 99% of their users.
Nik Hazell
Launching soon!
@nickfreiling sounds like a good, pragmatic approach 🙌
Ido Lavi
I try A/B testing at every stage - send A version to a large enough number of users (lets call it X), send B version to another X group of users. See which performed better. Then, send A to X users, send C to X users. See which performed better. Rinse. Repeat. Sometimes attitudes change with no apparent reason and different copies succeed better than others. Try understanding what worked well. The most important thing is to verify that you indeed change only one thing between A and B.
Armen Tadevosyan
I use Lemlist for my email campaigns
Dafni Chontou
We've used Maze to run an A/B test on content (product and email) and send it across to some of our users (here is a helpful guide: https://maze.co/blog/content-tes...). We've also run a qualitative test in calls with our early adopters - can do wonders if you're an early-stage team and don't have a big volume of subscribers to really run an A/B test.
@dafnihnd That's super helpful, thank you Dafni!
Andrii Kpyto
A\B testing is a king :) Also using Grammarly for a content inside
Niraj Bariya
Hi Lior - We are using Klaviyo to send our promotional emails and apart from that we are using this platform for automated emails like Abandoned Cart, Welcome Subscribers & Product review. Klaviyo has some pre-defined email templates which allows us to design the banners and call to action accordingly. This tool also gives the benchmark data of the industry so, we can optimize our emails and CTA as well.
petr gadlina
We are using Ecomail.app. It's a very intuitive solution.
Alina Ihnatiuk
I once used HubSpot
Surveyfor Customers
Hi there, I think it's important to test whether or not your copy is effective and indeed leads prospects/users to take the action you'd like them to take. Check