How do you switch off from work at the end of the day? 😴

Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
40 replies
Work-life balance is a challenge! Once a long day at work is over, how do you switch off and wind down? Personally, taking my dog for a walk usually does the trick! 🐶

Replies

Anil Meena
switch off.. its just doesn't happen for me ... mind is always working until i just fall asleep... but i can't just switch off
@anil_meena21 I also feel like it's one of my biggest challenges...
Yael Yaari
@stefan_smiljkovic same, even if i try to read or watch netflix im asleep within minutes 🙃
Deepa from True Sparrow
For me, it's putting the phone away and playing board games with my kids!
@shahdeepa Loved it! Sounds like a lot of fun! Is there a board game you particularly enjoy playing?
Alexey Shashkov
Hey Lior! I'm reading books =)
Alexey Shashkov
@lior_galante_cohen Sure=) Only books, on topics that interest you! I read «Traction by Gabriel Weinberg & Justin Mares» and «Built to Last by Jim Сollins & Jerry Porras».
Janinah
Gaming, journalling, reading or watching a film. So after finishing my day job for 5pm I'll do one of the above. Then start working on my business for 6pm
Janinah
@lior_galante_cohen haha thanks been doing all those for years to be honest
Goutham
As a founder, I actually have a hard time switching off from work. Somehow I get interested to try out different experiments with my startup and end up working till late night 😂 So how do you handle with it, Lior?
@gouthamj When you're a founder it's hard not to think about your ideas 24/7 lol. I take my dog for a walk, cook, exercise, spend time with friends and family, or watch TV :)
Stav Zelnik
Same! Love a long nice evening walk with the dogs
Nishith from True Sparrow
Ooh. This is a difficult one, particularly this last week leading up to our launch.
Anil Meena
@nishith_shah but its an amazing launch ... with all that tracker and brilliant product... kudos to your team
@nishith_shah Your lunch was incredible! So happy for you guys. How did you switch off after the launch?? :)
Harshit Beniwal
Closing my laptop lid and going out to play football with my friends. Clears my mind like nothing else. Any sport can really help you out. Highly recommended!
@almost_designer Agreed! Physical exercise has so many benefits.
Anett Keresztes
It depends on my mood, but I like to do CrossFit two times per week, but every day I like to watch some series, it turns my brain off for a couple of hours. I just stated Game of Thrones, and I am totally turned off. :D
Amarnath Nagula
For the past few weeks, I have been turning off my computer and talking to my parents about how their day went, and making preparations for dinner.
@amarnath_nagula I think the sole act of closing the laptop's lid can go a long way.
Rahul Jain
Have always found it quite hard to switch off work. Even if there isn't a lot of work, mind is always racing with ideas. I have found Calm and Headspace actually useful to relax.
Tommy Bloom🌴
Beer with some friends is my favorite solution 🍻
@tamarni A cold one after work is indeed the perfect solution!
Nikola Cvetkovic
I find playing chess helpful, because that active mind still gets something to process that is not work related.
Ashley Kizlyk
1) Cook dinner and feed myself 2) Self-care (even basic hygiene counts) 3) Hobby (pick up the guitar, ukulele, a book, some embroidery) 4) Cannabis ('nuff said) 5) Melatonin + a podcast as I drift off to sleep...
Galia Ben David
Reading, for sure! It's so relaxing to get comfy on the coach with a book, but it also takes you out of your mind to focus on someone else's story.
Nidhin
By putting things on autopilot before I wind down. Knowing that there is something to get my back while I unwind, really helps me unwind. Whatsresponse is one such autopilot tool . www.whatsresponse.com www.producthunt.com/posts/whatsr... - a rules based Autoresponder for Whatsapp, which also works as a social CRM which help being connected with business/personal contacts 24x7.
Sebastian Britz
Just by putting my laptop away and meditating for a short while
Zeynep Bozkurt
Hi! I try to finish the work at there and forget about what I was doing to clear my mind. Later I cook as you do:) and eat a proper meal while watching my fav. series of film.