How do you manage to have a work-study-life balance?

Martina Hackbartt
19 replies
Greetings, hunters! We are all well aware that for workaholics, sometimes it seems quite impossible to maintain an adequate work-life balance. And when it comes to freelancers, creators, and everyone who works at home, this might be even worse! I wanted to know how you try to keep this balance as good for you as possible (even though a balance might look different for everyone). Do you schedule your work hours? Do you have any specific habits? Let us know!

Replies

Janinah
Agree with what everyone said on here: 1. Timeboxing is great, however I learnt a few months ago about the idea of splitting your days into 4 quarters and having a plan for each quarter (morning, afternoon evening and night ) That way if I don't do what I was intending to do in the one quarter I push it into the next quarter - So instead of feeling like the whole day is a write - off: I Fail small not big. I also like Ali Abdeal's idea of doing a daily highlight - What is the most important/urgent / most satisfying thing for me to do today e.g call someone, go to the gym, work on a certain project, read a book etc. Like he does l typically feel much better about my day if I've done my daily highlight. 2. Prioritise tasks based on current and upcoming deadlines/projects and what mood I'm in that day eg design mood vs research mood.
Martina Hackbartt
@janinah Thank you very much for sharing your ideas! :) I will absolutely try the 4 quarters method, it sounds great. Also, I completely agree with bearing in mind your mood when prioritising tasks; it actually enhances focus!
Peter Chudakov
Probably the key to a great balance is great time-management. Keeping track of what you have to do for work and for studying is very important, prioritise tasks and make sure to complete them. The most important: Never forget to rest!
David J. Kim
@_reskript Agreed with the resting part. I also strongly recommend timeboxing your day in the morning. https://www.spica.com/blog/timeb...
Martina Hackbartt
@_reskript @between_team Loved both ideas! I actually use timeboxing a lot and believe it's a great method, but didn't know there was a term for it! Thank you for sharing :)
Daria
For me it is mainly the question of planning. I always have a plan for each day, and when putting something in my plan, I consider work, studies and rest as the equally important things. So I always make some space for rest and entertainment and try not to replace it with work or studies.
Martina Hackbartt
@daryakhmetova Love this method, Daria! Definitely the one I find more useful when trying to get many things done at once while keeping up with hobbies and rest :) Thank you for sharing!
Valerie Borshch
https://weje.io/blog/work-life-i... it's the same about the study you need to divide your personal time and hours when you really work effectively
Martina Hackbartt
@valeria_andreevna Thank you very much for sharing! Really liked some of the tips of the blog entry; especially the flexible routine tip.
Mahak from Outgrow
Managing my time with respect to my priorities. More prior things first and if I don't have time, manage them tomorrow. But taking rest and time for self-care when you have a work-study-life is a must. I personally take 30 min break, only just listening to music and having a good walk
Martina Hackbartt
@mahak Thank you very much for sharing! A walking break sounds good, since it's sometimes easy to get distracted and end up using social media during those free minutes.
Mahak from Outgrow
@martina_hackbartt yup it's super peaceful. Enjoying the stargazing at same time is also so good. I love this part of may day the most.
Gabriele Sangrigoli
I'm a student, working, active in politics, taking extra courses in data analytics. I don't have that much time. I can hang out with my friends max two hours per week and have little to no free time. I guess at this age, while studying, there is no method to have a work-study-life balance. You can have friends but your reletionships will become more and more superficial or meaningless if you don't put the time into them. People lie to appear better, don't trust students telling you they achive incredibile results while having a great life. You have to decide what you want and sacrifice the rest. Listen to the song ''vent'anni'' by Maneskin. You can find the english lyrics online: ''So choose the things that are really important Choose love or diamonds Demons or saints"
Martina Hackbartt
@gabriele_sangrigoli Hi Gabriele! I completely agree. I fill myself with so many things it's difficult to have time left. What's working best for me is trying to leave 1 day per week (usually Saturdays) for hanging out with friends and/or family. It is usually not enough, but it's still something. Also, I sometimes study with classmates. Thank you for sharing! I'll listen to the song, however, I think relationships are really important and worth mantaining :)
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@martina_hackbartt I agree with you, that's why I gave up on some projects to give more time to relationships; but it is a trade.
Joanna Radecka
First of all - set up your priorities. Without it you'll feel lost and disorganized. I used regular calendars, but now I'm more into project management tools and time management techniques*. Also, every morning I'm trying to organize my daily tasks, that helps me start the day more confidently and with a clear mind. Secondly, don't forget about yourself - it is crucial to remember about self care, getting rest and quality sleep. I'm still working on it, but I think I get better day by day! :-D Goodluck! *btw, recently I posted an article about best tips on time management, if you'd like to read it and maybe choose the best option for you, here it is: https://firmbee.com/top-tips-on-...
Norman GDrum
The letter could be written by the person's primary care physician, social worker, psychiatrist, or another mental health expert, and it should explain that the animal helps to reduce one or more of the symptoms or consequences of a handicap. To write this essay, I used meathharpacademy.com cheap assignment writing services. There are numerous review sites where you may find both bad and favorable feedback on various writing services. If they believe you would benefit from an ESA letter, they can write one for you.
Jessica Rhodes
We must be aware that there is no universally accepted parameter on what to wear for dissertation defense and Here official clothing is a preferred option. Since the thesis presentation is a formal event, it is essential to dress in a style appropriate to the event.
Hilll Dario
This simple URL Drift Hunters will open up a world of browser games that could entertain you for hours on end.