How do you keep the momentum after your ProductHunt launch?

Xavier Coiffard
12 replies
Launching on ProductHunt is always super exciting. You get much attention for 24h. If you prepared it properly, you probably ranked high enough to have a massive spike of traffic and collected many emails. But what next? Here are 5 things that I do: - Start a newsletter with all the emails you collected - Make a blog post about your launch - Keep the connection with the PH community - Contact upvoters to say thank you - Ask for ProductHunt launches directories updates What are your techniques to keep the momentum going?

Replies

Eivind HΓ₯verstad
Thanks for great suggestions, @angezanetti . Consider adding viral loops/referral systems in your onboarding process can be a great way to keep the momentum after a launch.
Daniel Baum
@eivindhaa @angezanetti Does it make sense to offer discounts / promotions for individuals coming to your product through PH?
Marc Garcia Torrent - @magarrent
Hi @angezanetti ! I've been following you for a short time on Twitter about launching products and marketing strategies. I'm a developer and I'm not very good doing marketing stuff πŸ˜…, but I'm working on it. My question is: How do you promote a product without a community behind you? I posted in some communities, channels, product hunt... but, what else? I received some contacts, but, what now? Sorry for posting this question, I know it's totally off topic! Btw, I'm considering your userbooster! Thank you!
Harry Kooros
Great tips Xavier!
Isabel Nyo
Great list, Xavier. I am doing more or less the same: - Start a newsletter with all the emails you collected πŸ™Š oops, I didn't collect emails. - Make a blog post about your launch βœ… Done - Keep the connection with the PH community πŸ‘‹πŸΌhi there! - Contact upvoters to say thank you πŸ’₯ Great idea! - Ask for ProductHunt launches directories updates πŸ’‘ how do I do that? And other things that I have done: - Updated relevant articles on my blog to link to the product - Run marketing campaign - so far a week of Google Ads campaign has been run
Tung Nguyen
Thanks for the suggestion @angezanetti. Great tips for someone just in the community ;)
Abderisak
A launch is not a singular event, you should think of "launching" continuously. On new platforms, channels, etc.
John Peter
There are several ways to keep the momentum going after a successful ProductHunt launch: Engage with your early adopters and gather feedback to improve your product. Share updates and new features on social media and other relevant online communities. Reach out to influencers, bloggers, and other members of the press to get coverage for your product. Utilize paid advertising to reach a wider audience and drive more traffic to your website. BTRoblox TG Macro