How do you innovate?

Dylan Merideth
18 replies
Whether its a blog idea, new product idea, feature idea, app idea, or the next snuggie, what is your process? Do you have steps you go through or is it free form and seredipitous?

Replies

Ana Rold
Identify challenges and collect ideas Validate. Implement and scale
I usually find getting rid of distractions and listening to a Podcast inspires me
Dylan Merideth
@maxwellcdavis distractions are detrimental, is there a podcast in particular?
@dylan_merideth I listen to a few and explore many but here's the list of my favourites: The Indie Dads Podcast by @malcolm_jack Wannabe Entrepreneur by @tiagorbf Smart Passive Income by @patflynn
Dylan Merideth
@malcolm_jack @tiagorbf @patflynn @maxwellcdavis will forsure check these out, thank you so much for the rec.
Launching soon!
At the end of the day, it depends on your individual style and preferences. Experimenting with your own workflow is a great way to figure out what works best for you, and takes inspiration from other designers' workflows can be helpful too.
Dylan Merideth
@qudsia_ali very true, I find it to be crucial to combine various inspirations together, both relevant and irrelevant
Enola VEDOVOTTO
I listen to a lot of webinars, or podcasts. I exchange with other people on LinkedIn or others and it allows me to get inspiration and to open up to other subjects
Dylan Merideth
@enola_vedovotto openness is key!! Do you have a podcast recommendation?
Enola VEDOVOTTO
@dylan_merideth Hello Dylan, in fact, I listen a lot of podcast in french (not in english), if you speak french I have some recommandation aha
Dylan Merideth
@enola_vedovotto thats awesome, would definitely take them. Podcast translation is an app idea i just had
Andrei Tulai
If you are like me and have a creative side, I generally spend some time doing unrelated creative things, like painting. Tends to spark a lot of imagination and new ideas for me.
Dylan Merideth
@andrei_tulai love this, its interesting to me how creative activities seemingly unlock the brain while being engaged.
Dylan Merideth
@ujjawal_sharma How do you run a brainstorm? Blank whiteboard and post its?
Anna Mandziuk πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
One of the best things that helped me is reading customers' reviews on various products. This is how you can see their pain points and frustrations with some products and come up with a solution that will better satisfy their needs
Dylan Merideth
@anna_mandziuk its all about customer pain, and alleviating it. I think if you fail to be problem-centric you will make solutions to a problem that doesn't exist. New paradigms and new markets can be created sure, but even those seek to serve some customer need
Ayush Shakya
Communication with relevant social groups is the key. It helps you have eureka moment required for innovation.