How do you get out of the work state of mind when it's time to rest?

Martina Hackbartt
11 replies
Hey there, hunters! I know there must be lots of people out here struggling to disconnect from their jobs and daily tasks (me included, ngl). For this reason, I wanted to ask if you have any methods or habits that help you get out of the work state of mind and get into resting / having time for yourself. Have a good end of the week and weekend!

Replies

Carsten Pleiser
@martina_hackbartt it was great speaking with you on Friday. For me, the best way to disconnect from work is to run CleanMyMac, shut down my computer, and go for a swim, play golf or sail. I also try to leave my phone locked away on Sundays.
Martina Hackbartt
@ckpleiser Hi Carsten! Great speaking with you too :) outdoor activities seem to be the way to go when trying to unwind! Also, will definitely try to leave my phone locked away on Sundays, haha. Thanks for sharing
Victor David
I get pretty darn obsessed when I'm working on a project - and that's actually okay with me because my cycles don't necessarily rotate on a daily basis. That’s to say that I’ll work 7 days a week for 3 months sometimes, and then take a long break. Still, during the day, I do take smaller breaks to disconnect a bit. I go out in the garden; I play my drums; I walk my dogs. That sort of thing to clear my mind and enjoy other things. I guess it helps that I completely work from home on my own.
Martina Hackbartt
@codemongo 7 days a week seems like a lot! But I'm glad you're taking short breaks in the middle of your work hours. Thanks for sharing :)
I usually play some games - preferably with people from one of the gaming communities I'm part of. That gets me someone to have a chat with and talk about any challenges I've had (and theirs too) and the gaming takes my mind off things.
Martina Hackbartt
@maxwellcdavis Doing some socials is definitely a way to unwind! Thanks for sharing :)
Going on walks, or to the gym. My brain is usually still busy for the first 15 minutes or so, but after that, it starts to calm down, and relax
Donia Ahmed
Family gathering always help me and for daily basis a hot shower before bed time is enough
Martina Hackbartt
@donia_ahmed I completely agree! Thanks for sharing
Mahak from Outgrow
I think this naturally comes up when you feel that it's enough and it's a time for self-care. Going on a walk with headphones, listening to songs is my daily break task to do after completing my job hours.
Martina Hackbartt
@mahak Hi Mahak! Going on a walk with headphones seems like a great idea and would love to add it to my routine! However, most days I finish quite late and it's not so safe to go out. I'll try listening to music indoors, haha. Thanks for sharing!