How do you find your friends and contacts on Product Hunt

Nik Hazell
17 replies
Hey there! Is there a quick way to find your friends and contacts on Product Hunt? Perhaps a tool to link up with FB/IG/Linkedin? (If there's not, does someone want to make one, please and thank you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป) If not, how do you all do it? Cheers! Nik

Replies

Karl Rinderknecht
Connect your social accounts! I can't say for certain which will help automatically build your following, but my hunch is that Twitter is the main one. I connected all my social accounts. Nothing happened immediately but the next day when I logged in I had a few dozen followers. My guess is that these are PH users that also connected their Twitter accounts. Anyone that didn't connect their accounts, you'll have to search for manually as described.
Daniel Baum
@_karlr Cool, just trying to fio how to optimize my social with PH. If you have any other methods that work, please let me know!
Daniel Baum
@_karlr @nik_hazell Have you ever tweeted out a PH post that was NOT your own launch? Just to gauge if your twitter network has PH?
Karl Rinderknecht
@daniel_baum I think youโ€™ll like the method @cica_laure_mbappe mentions. If you import you contacts emails into Ship, then it will give you their PH profile and Twitter if theyโ€™ve connected their account.
Nik Hazell
@_karlr @daniel_baum haven't tried that - and, I'm embarrassed to say my "personal" twitter is entirely for news and politics, and I don't have any real contacts! I was really hoping for a LinkedIn list - which I guess I might be able to do something with on Ship!
Daniel Baum
@_karlr @nik_hazell Seems like LinkedIn may not be an option for linking yet, but contact emails could work! Thanks for the advice
Eugene Hauptmann
Have you built one? ๐Ÿ˜€
Nik Hazell
@eugenehp I haven't... do you want to build one? I promise I'll use it...!
Cica-Laure Mbappรฉ
You can start searching with their name on PH on the search bar - or if you launch a product and you want to add your contact base, PH will automatically fetch those who have a linked email to a PH account and you'll see them. But yes I totally agree with @eugenehp, build one ๐Ÿ˜‰
Cica-Laure Mbappรฉ
@eugenehp @nik_hazell Glad to help! I just want to precise that you can add your contacts as subscribers on Ship. From there you will see your PH contacts :)
Inna Proshkina
@eugenehp @cica_laure_mbappe I love that feature! And we did just that when we launched on Ship!
Nik Hazell
@eugenehp @cica_laure_mbappe oooh that second point is interesting! Will hopefully give that a try!
Karina Skrinnik
A good time to make some new friends!๐Ÿ˜‚
Morris Mitch
Curious about a person's background? Consider arrestfacts (https://arrestfacts.com/), the ultimate background check system. With access to public records on millions of people, you can now find out the truth about anyone you meet. Whether it's a new neighbor, co-worker, business associate or even an online acquaintance, arrestfacts takes care of it. The extensive database combines government records, city records, social media profiles and more to give you a complete picture of a person's personal history.