How do you currently capture user behaviours in your product?

hey folks! there are many ways to collect your user's behaviors. Each of them being more or less accurate & granular. We're curious to hear how you're doing it!

Replies

mustafa ilker sarac
GTM should be a must-have to manage scripts. With GTM established you have many options to analyze user behavior, to name a few; Google Analytics, FullStory, Heap, Hotjar etc.
Enzo Avigo (πŸ“Š june.so)
@milkers agree, why do you think people aren't using GTM more?
mustafa ilker sarac
@enzo_avigo I do not have enough evidence about people aren’t using GTM more. I think an experienced marketing manager’s first job should be setting up GTM for at least company’s web page. I am only not sure about whether first time solo founders would go for GTM. The reasons might be either lack of experience/knowledge for marketing tools or lack of time to setup things in the best way possible.
@milkers makes sense, 100% agree with that
Nicolas Le Roux
I use Microsoft Clarity for heatmaps and session recordings. Pretty neat for a free product!
Simon Robic
We do a mix of Segment+analytics and micro-surveys to better understand those behaviours, with Screeb.app :)
@Bernardamus
We use @salesmachine_io to track usage of different functionalities of our product and also to manage the onboarding based on the usage. The app is used to send out some automated emails and to create some tasks depending on user behaviour.
@salesmachine_io @bernardamus interesting! love the idea to use one piece of software to capture information and take actions
@Bernardamus
@salesmachine_io @enzo_avigo a sort of Segment + Juno together :) isn't it? It's a really hard job to set up some standard metrics to track the performance of a SAAS... I sort of set up my own segments and metrics, I'll take a look at your templates for inspiration!
Pablo Fatas
Mix Panel is great for this kind of stuff
@pablo_fatas are you using Mixpanel javascript directly? That's what I'm trying to understand with this survey :)