How do you as a founder decide which channels to use to promote your beta product?

Aswathy Shivaji
13 replies

Replies

Fabian Maume
Well it depend a lot about what is your target audience. Check which social media is your target audience using, it will give you a good idea of which channel to prioritise.
Aswathy Shivaji
@fabian_maume That makes sense. User Profiling will help during this time. If we have a large enough customer base interacting with twitter it would be easy to introduce the product to them.
Ankita Arora
Find a community/forum your target users engage in. There'll be enthusiasts who will try the product at least
Aswathy Shivaji
@ankitaarora Would it make sence to hire a marketing team to profile users espically if we are a young team? Would we be scaling without hitting PMF
Ankita Arora
@aswathy_shivaji Not a full team at a young state. As a founder you know the target audience best, so you should start doing it yourself. It will still depend on the kind of product and how large is the audience though
Abhinav Unnam
If you are still in early stages of product and getting the audience. You could give this a read: https://startupanalytics.in/how-...
YvetteAhono
1. Through emails - reaching out to targeted clients and introducing them to the product. 2. Communities and forums like Product Hunt, Indiehackers, Nairaland etc. - The more people, the better. They spread the word about the product.
Aswathy Shivaji
@ahonoyvette Thank you! About the first point, how to we get more people beyond our first level of contact. Do we hire a marketing team to promote even before we hit PMF. I understand it is scaling and we will be burning money innitially but do you recomend it?
YvetteAhono
@aswathy_shivaji Anytime, in case you have the budget for that, you can choose to go that way. The best thing is to analyze every option and decide which best fits your business
Nick Hutton
I'd highly recommend reading Traction by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares on this topic. Not only did it give me inspiration to keep pursuing growth, it gave very tangible ideas for channels to go through and measure.
Aswathy Shivaji
@nick_hutton Perfect! Thank you. I will definetly check it out... I have been looking for refrences to read. Perfect timing!
Emma Phượng Nguyễn
I start with the most familiar channel I learn to set a baseline first. It is easier to locate my audience, once I earn the knowledge with a clear traction -- expand.