How do you analyze customer feedback?

Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
10 replies
What are your best practices for storing and analyzing qualitative feedback from users? Do you use specific tools for this purpose? Do you approach it in a particular way?

Replies

Nishith from True Sparrow
I'm in the same boat. Figuring out how best to analyse the feedback. I've been exploring these two tools: * https://hellonext.co/ * https://www.upvoty.com/ Both look pretty neat for our needs. Let me know how you are going about it.
Edward G
I like surveys (google sheets, typeform) but it's important to ask the right questions. Open-ended questions usually lead to poor quality responses (e.g. "What do you like about the product?"). If you're wondering about specific features you've implemented or trying to get to know your market better, it's easier to use multiple choice. That way you can aggregate and quantify responses. Of course, it can be tough to ask the right questions and provide the right responses.
Anna Kuzma
Hi Lior! I guess you've started getting lots of customer feedback after your launch! And this is really cool. Now it's the best time to find out how to organize it, analyze it to get qualitative insights and utilize the feedback in your product development cycle. At first, you can try using spreadsheets or Trello boards for these purposes. But this method requires a lot of manual work, and getting qualitative feedback can be time-consuming. But at some point, as your project grows, the volume of incoming feedback grows accordingly, and you will need a tool to keep your product feedback in order, avoid duplicates and never lose a thing. Like @nishith_shah mentioned I'd also suggest you look at some feedback board tools like Upvoty, UserVoice, etc. You can also check our tool https://www.useresponse.com/cust... We've also organized a public Customer Feedback Portal where we allow our customers to leave their feature requests and feedback, while others can view it, comment, and leave their votes for the ideas they like. This way we can avoid duplicates and see what features are in demand. We also keep our Product Development Roadmap public to make the product development process transparent and let our customers know that we actually utilize their feedback.
@nishith_shah @kuzmanna Hi Anna! Thank you for your detailed response. I'll make sure to check out all the resources you shared. We actually haven't launched yet (we're planning to launch next month), but we want to make sure everything is ready by the time we launch :)
Rachel Levitz
Let me know what you find out!
Zhiyuan Ju
Mostly by meetings, online/offline :)
@new_user_169f83d3ad Meetings are indeed very useful for getting feedback from users! How do you summarize/analyze the feedback? Where do you keep track of all the feedback you've collected?
Zhiyuan Ju
@lior_galante_cohen 1. I create a Contact table by using Notion; 2. I add everyone's contact information to the Contact Table; 3. I added every meeting contents under the attendee's page, Timeline section. šŸ˜„