How did you get your first 10 B2B customers for your SaaS?

Karen Vardanyan
12 replies
Want to see your experience and add on my upcoming article :)

Replies

Dmitry Korzhik
It was cold outreach in Linkedin:)
Dmitry Korzhik
@karen_vartanian yes, it's a mix of social selling+automation.
Karen Vardanyan
@krzk Can you share a bit how it started? DO you use any automations for that?
Karen Vardanyan
@krzk I would really apprecaite if you can share some with us. I personally love Expandi, LinkedHelper 2
Paul Mit
Here is what we did for FlowMapp ( www.flowmapp.com ): 1. Launch on Product Hunt. 2. First blog articles (use cases, product features). 3. Simple SEO optimization of a landing page. 4. Started Twitter. 5. Developed website (testimonials, feature descriptions). 6. Submitted our Saas site for inspiration platfroms. 7. Improved onboarding in the app. 8. Made an email newsletter for new users. These actions allowed us to be visible and attract the first users and customers. We were further helped by a wave of organic mentions, inclusion in various product lisits, publication on external blogs and newsletters. Hope this helps!
Karen Vardanyan
@mituhin that's great. What is your target audience? Please check the link, it's not working
Paul Mit
@karen_vartanian Fixed the link, thanks. Our target audience is product, design and development teams.
Minal Joshi Jaeckli
@mituhin Can you share how you had testimonials on your site (#5 👆) before you got your first users and customers?
Paul Mit
@minal_at_openelevator Thanks for the question! The first version of the site did not contain testimonials and reviews. They appeared right after we contacted the first 50 users for user interviews and UX research. Some of those users were published in the first version of testimonials section. You're totally right, it can't be done before the early adopters have tried the product and you can talk to them.
Tuğçe Içözü
I worked for an RPA startup as a growth marketer. I believe partnerships are so crucial when it comes to reaching customers. Also, in my experience, using social media marketing & organizing webinars provide brand awareness and leads.
Minal Joshi Jaeckli
Thank you Paul. I really appreaciate you taking the time to answer. And, happy to see you succeeding!!