How did you find early adopters?

Peter Chudakov
23 replies
Hey PH! We all know how crucial and beneficial and at the same time hard it could be to find early adopters of your product! Share how and where you found those people.

Replies

Kevin
So many great replies already! I find and found mine through the communities (Slack & Discord) of the apps I build the integrations on – which makes it easy to also ask for features they'd like to see which maybe the services they use already won't build but fit into my product.
Peter Chudakov
@keeev Having a community as source of ideas and inspiration is always fantastic! Thanks for sharing
Paul-Louis Valat
Hey Peter! At Plezi, we tried different listings, such as BetaList or Betabound. Paid media also provided a great boost, sponsoring content like product reviews and tests.
Peter Chudakov
@paullouis_valat1 Great! We tried something similar, but using listings usually feels as if we are missing some personal touch or connection with the user
Tony Yan
@paullouis_valat1 Did you get some earlier users from BetaList and Betabound?
Benoit COLLET
@paullouis_valat1 don't forget the beta launch announcement on LinkedIn and medias 1 year ago 😉
Paul-Louis Valat
@zhitao_yan We did! Not a lot, but some. I don't know if there are still active users, that would be something to look for
Tony Yan
@paullouis_valat1 thanks a lot for your sharing
Jakub Piskor
Launch sites, newsletter mentions, communities, forums.
Peter Chudakov
@jakub_piskor Working with the community is always a good way to go!
Paul VanZandt
We mainly looked in our mutual networks to find people that fit our mold for the ideal persona, and then asked them for as much feedback as possible. This is a good way to expand existing networks and, hopefully, those people can expand it even further.
Peter Chudakov
@paul_vanzandt how did you convince them to use a tool that wasn't perfect? Was the idea that revolutionary (or it solved such a hurting point) that people wanted to use your product?
Paul VanZandt
@slowpokepeter For us, the users had to be willing to work with us a little on getting where we needed to be, and at a very early stage, people are going to have to compromise a little. If you add value specific to their use cases as you grow, it's a show of faith to them and vice versa.
Paul VanZandt
@slowpokepeter No worries - we actually just launched on PH if you want to check out a visual collaboration tool: www.producthunt.com/posts/fresco-3
Peter Chudakov
@paul_vanzandt Congrats! Looks interesting and promising! We also recently launched (yesterday) https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Paul VanZandt
@slowpokepeter I've been in touch with Martina about the launch - seems like the response was really positive!
Jha
finding high quality, scattered communities and engaging with them!! i got super lucky to find an online community of 1000+ members who are super open with feedback as they are creators and makers themselves. https://www.nawvel.link/synthesi...
Peter Chudakov
@shivam_jha3 Thanks for sharing! Btw saw your launch today, congratulations!
Sheida Mirjahani
I messaged ppl on Twitter, before building the tool. to ask for 15 minute call. After I talked to them and built the product based on what I thought they needed, got them engaged with the beta launch. I guess cold email + engaging with early believers can help you get your early adopters.
Peter Chudakov
@sheidmirj thanks for sharing! How do you convince them to jump on a call with you?
Sheida Mirjahani
@slowpokepeter I share in bullet points what problem of theirs I have recognized.