How did you create your first product?

Luka Vasic
11 replies
As someone who is new to product hunt (one month), I fell in love with the platform. I'm still young and would love to one day create something. What is the story of your first product? How has your life changed after launching?

Replies

Vedran Rasic
I know you will! You already created a whole bunch of things at LeadDelta. And this is only the beginning.
Vedran Rasic
As for the story: 1. I helped build a product for someone else through an outsourcing company we operated... (~150k USD) 2. Then they invited me to operate it. 3. Then we tried hard for 6 months. 4. Then we failed, and I was broke. :) How did my life change? Well, I'll never launch a fully developed product without talking/building it with customers. I know, sounds obvious but it wasn't back then. So I fixed that with Autoklose (Acquired in 2020) and now LeadDelta.com —that was launched in 60 days or as soon as we had something presentable. And now it's profitable and fundraising. END OF STORY :)
Shalin Doshi
Became more passionate once things moved from paper to play store, a great feeling indeed. I become more motivated to work hard and strive for that extra mile once we launched. But before the launch phase, it's a matter of patience which one should learn.
Kazimieras Melaika
We’re launching our product in late May. We've built it to help other people because we understand how difficult it could be as we're suffering from some of the problems this app can manage ourselves. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Ezzat Suhaime
Did a hackathon and things progressed from there.
Fernando Pessagno
I was surprised to find out that most resume creators available online did not meet my expectations years ago when my sister asked me to help her with her resume. These tools were either too difficult to use or were all paid/scammy. This motivated me to create a free resume tool that would be simple and effective for anyone to use. Nowadays, after 1,000,000 downloads, it's clear that it was the right choice.
Luka Vasic
@fer_momento Congrats man. Finding a problem and solving it. Care to share your tool?
Eugene Tsalwa
I believe to create something you just have to discover a need either you have or that someone else might have. As for my story( I feel is very basic) My friends and I were brainstorming for ideas on a certain project and then came across a solution we thought was interesting. We made a small group of three and began the work from ideation to where we are now. You can check out Crumble that we just launched:https://www.producthunt.com/post...