How did you acquire your first 10 customers using your app?

Amanda Tunner
13 replies
Our app is going to be launched on PH and I'm quite curious about how you can get your very first customers. Please share your tips or experience here

Replies

Jareer Samad
First few customers are usually on boarded with one to one marketing and encouraging connections to do word of mouth marketing for the product. Incorporating growth loops within the product like inviting friends is also a common strategy for initial customer development.
Monil Shah
Great question! For us, our first 20 or so customers were all relationships. That said, there is A TON of value in exposing your product to folks who don't know you, because they're more likely to give you blunt feedback. Starting with testing out your app on friends, however, is a great way to make it "market ready". What's your app about? Excited to see it! Here's us BTW :-)!
Max Russell
@monil_shah2 hey Monil, what if our connection is not any relate to the market? At this point, do you have any suggestion for us? Btw, we are Flowio, a powerful tool that can help e-commerce business better manage their audience and automate marketing campaigns (this will be very helpful for the upcoming Black Friday event). We believe this app will help people boost sales without increase their workload: https://www.producthunt.com/upco... Ah, your app is great, a data-driven strategy always better than guesswork, isn't it? I'll sign up to discover more!
Monil Shah
@themaxrussell Hi Max! Great question. In that case, I'd utilize Linkedin as much as possible. If people you know don't fit the market, then it's likely that someone you know, knows someone who fits your market. Linkedin can help you get a sense of second-degree connections who fit your audience. Asking for an intro + requesting them to be an early adopter should do the trick. I think starting with even 5 "second-degree connections" should work. The idea looks promising! Excited to see it in action. Given that it's not available yet on the Shopify App store, your goal can be to add as many second-degree connections as possible to your mailing list, so, when it's out, you can reach out to them. Good luck! Thanks for checking us out, and yes, data all the way. We do have a free tier, but let me know if you're interested in the paid one and we'd be happy to give you 50% off it.
Max Russell
@monil_shah2 thank you so much, Monil! Since I haven't thought or tried to reach users by this way, this really helps me a lot
Peter Nguy
We haven't managed to get much traction with PH, however our social media strategy is going reasonably well. We've had almost 100 downloads since launch. I am finding Twitter to be the best vehicle for building awareness and relationships, with the other socials secondary awareness building channels and necessary vehicles for a cohesive presence. Best of luck!!
Amanda Tunner
@dizzydwarves That sounds great Peter! Could you share some tips for marketing on social media cuz the result seems amazing
Peter Nguy
@amanda_tunner - Hi Amanda! First of all let me make it clear I am no marketer! hehe. And to be fair probably the first 30 odd of those downloads would have been friends and family... I went for a two prong strategy - 1) Reviewers. I just emailed a whole bunch and am continuing to do so. I got traction with a few who then wrote small articles and pushed it out which had some people view and test out the game. 2) Socials - this was more difficult. As mentioned I don't see how you can do much with fbook unless you pay to promote. Insta, Tik Tok and Twitter are my main ones where you can get broader audiences to at least see your content. But for me Twitter has been the best one. I followed relevant handles and then started posting things. The good thing with Twitter is you can communicate rather than just push product down people's throats. Wherever the opportunity arises and makes sense then I push the product. Otherwise I just engage as I normally would, so it's like using Fbook - I just engage genuinely, which isn't hard because the content I engage with I truly like or resonate with in some way. HOpe that helps or gives you some ideas!
Bharat Pasam
The first 10 for us were friends and fam.
Amanda Tunner
@bharatpasam Hi Bharat, thanks for your share! How about the other customers? How can you engage them?
Bharat Pasam
@amanda_tunner we engage with customers on FB, IG mostly. How about you?
Amanda Tunner
@bharatpasam Actually, I haven't had my first 10 customers yet. I just think about marketing my products on Twitter cuz the community there seems potential. And I also believe PH is a great place to acquire customers. If possible, could you have a look on my upcoming page and give me some feedback? https://www.producthunt.com/upco...