How did it feel to get your first paying customer?

Akash Hamirwasia
10 replies
Curious to know how other makers felt when they got their first paying customer for their new product 🙂

Replies

Alexander Borsuk
I had this hyperbolized sense of responsibility. We were launching a grocery delivery service and so we couldn't screw it up. But we screwed up anyway :) But that's another story.
Akash Hamirwasia
@alexander_borsuk Oh I see. When I made my first sale, I immediately stated doubting the potential of my product and thinking that it would be an underwhelming experience for the customer!
Akash Hamirwasia
@alexander_borsuk I think it was the fear of launching something for the first time. It wasn't that I didn't believe in my product. Just that I didn't want the customer to have expected something different than what my product actually did, and feel they made a wrong purchase.
Alexander Borsuk
@akashhamirwasia I see. In any case, it's wildly fascinating, I think once you get your first payment for your product, you won't stop trying to make something successful. Even if you don't succeed on your first try
Vivek Ganesan
@akashhamirwasia This is a fear you and I have in common, I guess :) Can you also share how did you go about getting that first customer? I am trying to get initial users for Notesally and can use your advice. Thanks in advance, Akash :)
Kamila Klavíková
I felt excited 🤩! We hadn't introduced pricing yet so it was double surprise. It was a huge motivation booster 💪. After that I worked about three times more intensively.
Samuel Bailey
Getting my first paying customer felt like a thrilling validation of my hard work and ideas, a palpable mix of euphoria and relief that someone found enough value in what I had created to invest their hard-earned money into it.