How can marketing contribute best to lead generation?

Sarah Jordi
15 replies
Classic means such as SEO, content production, website flow, free trial, and ads aside – what can marketing do to support the sales team with marketing-generated leads? I'm currently researching outreach campaigns that don't overlap with the e-mail outreach our sales team is doing (i.e. physical mail outreach). Has anyone had unexpected success with new marketing ideas that generate B2B leads?

Replies

Emily Elizabeth
Marketing plays a key role in a career, whenever a business is started. Marketing agencies can help you construct that brand and improve your company’s public perception. Marketing techniques build a strong connection between customers. Digital Marketing Agency is a leading organization that could market your products or services and raises your profits. There are many Best digital marketing companies in Dubai. I got my digital marketing services from https://tvdit.com/digital-market... .
Eugene Hauptmann
Direct mail is cool for B2C. But depends a lot on your segment.
Sarah Jordi
@eugenehp Thanks! Do you mean direct mail as in post? (Physical mail). I'm currently looking into that (just need to find a way to stand out). And email direct mail is done by our Sales team.
Eugene Hauptmann
@sarahxjo Here's a good example:
Tanoy Chowdhury
Free tools worked for me in the past. They're good for lead generation, however, the conversion rate is usually low.
Sarah Jordi
@tanoy27 thanks for sharing! Do you have any examples of such tools?
Tanoy Chowdhury
@sarahxjo Sure. In my last job, I worked on a free tool called SKU generator. It ranks at the top in the SERP, so the traffic is good. However, the sign-ups from this page are dismal. Here's the link to the tool: https://www.zoho.com/in/inventor...
Roy
You can try interactive content marketing! Quizzes, calculators, assessments are a powerhouse for lead generation!
Sarah Jordi
@roy_outgrow That's actually a really cool idea. Thanks! And then people have to leave their email address to participate.
Richard Anthony
Hi Sarah, It looks like you have established a successful lead gen pipeline using 'classic' tactics. Well played! My feeling is that, if things are working, there is more to be gained by resetting the marketing bias towards funnel optimization and incremental improvement in conversions rather than new stuff. This should include, and probably start with, analyzing your bottom of funnel conversion i.e. how your sales team processes a lead. It can be a slightly uncomfortable for a marketer to step into the sales team's realm, but in my experience there's usually considerable inefficiencies and opportunity to improve overall conversion. Detailed funnel analysis often stops at handover to a rep and this is a huge blind spot for marketing. Frustratingly, this last part of the funnel (the human part) usually has the biggest impact on success so having limited visibility on the behaviors and conversion levers of the sales team leaves a lot of uncertainty in the system. What you can't measure you can't understand!
Sarah Jordi
@richardbarker Thanks so much for that detailed feedback and elaboration, Richard. I definitely think you're right. And good point about this maybe being a bin uncomfortable for a marketer. I guess that's why I'm a bit hesitant. But it's something I should tackle. Thanks a lot!
Jason Grills
Here’s what I believe can work out when it comes to B2B lead generation. You can conduct webinars and introduce new offers to those attending your webinar events. It’s like giving out freebies that encourage your attendees to stick around for long. From there onwards, it is in the hand of your support and sales teams to improve the retention of such customers.
Julie Thomas
An obvious way to improve sales and boost revenue is through marketing. Analyze data on customer purchases and product preferences. Based on strategic plans. For car dealers who mainly work on commission, this is an important cue. If you’re promoting your business online, you’re likely to be spending your hard earned money on digital marketing. For example If you run a business of used cars in sharjah like firstchoicecars.com. You have to spend some time and money on social media or other marketing platforms to generate more traffic.