How can I concentrate in studies over 4hour+?

Utsha Sarker
36 replies

Replies

david morgan
listen to quality music while you are studying
Farabe Ahamed
you can listen to music as it helps a lot to concentrate.
Mayank Gupta
Follow the pomodoro technique. Our brain cannot focus on for along time, it start finding distractions, so study for 50 mins and then rest for 10 and like this your brain will not get fatigue. Try keeping water and snacks while studying so that the thought of snacking doesn't bother you as well.
Curtis Tiemann
I usually put my phone away and rest in intervals or when I feel like I'm loosing concentration.
Jyo Boral
You can try checking out the POMODORO technique for increasing productivity and being efficient.
Utsha Sarker
@jyo_boral Thank you for your suggestion
Eddie Husarcik
@utsha_sarker In medical school, I found it most important to have a set schedule. Wake up at the same time. Exercise. Sit down in a quiet area by a window. Setup Spotify on a "Study Playlist". Disable any time consuming websites (eg, Reddit). Follow your study pattern that helps you the most. For me, I didn't like the pomodoro technique as I felt like my flow got disrupted, so instead, I set micro goals ("10 more clinical vignettes before I stop") before I could take a break. It takes a while to figure out what works best but eventually nearly all of my classmates could study 8+ hours a day for months. That much studying is not always needed though.
Utsha Sarker
@husarcik Thank you for your suggestion
Eddie Husarcik
@utsha_sarker For sure! Best of luck. :)
Richard Fang
I've tried using random 'techniques' that give you mini breaks inbetween but none has worked for me. I usually find heading to a local cafe and putting on lo-fi music is the best way I can stay productive over long periods of time 😆
Utsha Sarker
@richardfliu Thank you for your suggestion
Audrey Rampon
A good night of sleep, stay hydrated (aka don't drink more than 2 coffees 😆), whatever you study, divide your tasks into sub-tasks so you see your progress, and quite frankly... take breaks!
Utsha Sarker
@audrey_rampon Thank you for your suggestion
Mindbreath
Hope this might help..
Utsha Sarker
@mindbreath_app Thank you for your suggestion
Rashmi Gupta
take breaks and do time boxing
Utsha Sarker
@rashjbp Thank you for your suggestion
Asif Kamal
you can find playlists on youtube. Music really does help. Also having a calm and quite environment
Utsha Sarker
@aj_k13 Thank you for your suggestion
Benoit Chambon
Changing subject focus every hour
Divya
I would be eager to learn this too :)
Yeshaswini
I'd suggest study in chunks, instead of 4 hours straight
Emma Phượng Nguyễn
Yes, you can - with good music, high speed internet, quiet space, 20-25 oC and a computer. Everything is possible.
Robin
Listen to white noise, my playlist https://open.spotify.com/playlis..., green tea