How are you getting your insights for what you're going to do in your product?

Alexey Shashkov
21 replies
Hey, Product people! How are you getting your insights for what you're going to do in your product and how you'll do it?

Replies

Anna Voronina
We're using our product to listen to customer feedback and recommendations, and build up from there.
Alexey Shashkov
@anna_voronina148 Got it, that makes sense. How do you collect feedback? An embedded feedback form or Social media?
Alexey Shashkov
@anna_voronina148 Hey Anna! How do you work with your customer’s feedback and recommendations? Do you just read this and make a decision? Or do you text with them and ask additional questions? Or do you hop on a Zoom call with them and conduct interviews?
Anna Voronina
@shashcoffe , it mostly depends on the comment, but, yes, if the comment is valuable, we connect with our users on email first, and on Zoom later.
Anna Voronina
@shashcoffe , we use our own feedback widgets. Check them out on our website https://www.appzi.com/
Manoj Ranaweera
We are exploring building apps on www.unifiedvu.app to surface data from www.skilledup.life, as currently we are insights starved.
Alexey Shashkov
@manojranaweera Hey, Manoj! Thank for the replying. Do you do interviews with you users/prospective users?
Manoj Ranaweera
@shashcoffe why do I need to interview my customers?
Alexey Shashkov
@manojranaweera You don't need it. There are a lot of other types of user research.
Tanya Desai
We're building a community that we use too. So, we're often in a session, listening to music with the users and try to observe their behaviour/what they're saying. Other than that, we have a Discord server with a separate channel for feedback from the core community. Before pushing out updates, we speak to them about our plans and try to understand their opinions and reactions. If what they're suggesting/saying matches our vision, we sit on it, and build on top of that.
Alexey Shashkov
@tanya_desai Hey Tanya! Talking to users is the best way to get insights! Awesome! Do you conduct customer interviews with your users/prospective users?
Alexey Shashkov
@tanya_desai Wow! Can you tell me more about how you did it?
Tanya Desai
@shashcoffe we do! in fact, we have also involved the core community in building the product with us
Tony Yan
Talk with potential users and introduce our ideas to them to see if they are interested. Reading articles related to our field to see what is the trend.
Alexey Shashkov
@zhitao_yan Hello, Tony! Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me more about how do you talk to your customers? What is the process? Which questions do you ask them?
Tony Yan
@shashcoffe 1, For the current tool( I will list tools in our field), what's major problems do you think it has? 2, If we build a tool that can resolve the problem, do they want to try it as trial user? 3, If they would like to pay for it? 4, What's the price they want to?
Alexey Shashkov
@zhitao_yan Tony, what’s the hardest part of that process for you? And рow do you organize the information you receive?