Hours from Launching - How important is it to be the Product of the Day?

Davor Kolenc
9 replies
I'm new here and I gotta say, loving the community. Really awesome first impression. :) So, how important is it to be the product of the day on the day you launch? What happens afterward? Is the first-day-hype the most important one? Ah, so many newbie questions, I know xD Don't get me wrong, these are just some prelaunch nerves working. The team did everything they possibly could to prepare. Would appreciate it if somebody would just calm me down tho ๐Ÿ˜…

Replies

Armen Tadevosyan
I think it increases your brand awareness
No idea as we havenโ€™t launched but following this conversation!
Ana
It's all about exposure - the top products of the day are included in the daily newsletter from PH, they show up in the Featured section on the main page etc. So it's a short-lived boost but nice one nonetheless. It'd be a lie to say that it's not important to come at the top. BUT - launching on PH as it is and being active and engaging on the day of the launch should already help you immensly in telling the world about your product - so having the #1 spot, while nice, is not something to stress yourself over. After all, once the first-day-hype is over - it's about delivering on the promises made and working with all the feedback that comes in, so the energy is best conserved for that ;)
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
Good luck with your launch, Davor! In general, we're mainly aiming to a certain amount of new signups and feedback from real users, but hoping to reach the top five as well :)
Fabian Maume
Product of the day is mainly for social proof, it is nice to have but it isn't a requirement. However, it is important to stay in the top 10 products during the day as it is the number of products displayed by default. I noticed a significant drop in web traffic when you pass below the 10th position mark.
Davor Kolenc
@fabian_maume Thanks for sharing. We are currently going up and down, from 1st to 4th position xD. Wish us luck :)
Cara Oppenheimer
No idea either, launching tomorrow. Following this thread!