Hi there 👋 I'm Aadit, student, creator and Makers Mark instructor. AMA

Aadit
27 replies
Hey I'm Aadit Sheth. I'm a student in London studying mechanical engineering. I also run a cohort-based course called Makers Mark where we help founders with their Twitter presence, content creation, and writing habits. The cohort-based course was initially a challenge to see if I can monetize my expertise in audience-building but we (Brandon Zhang and I) ended up building a community of people that we wouldn't want to leave. Let's talk community, cohort-based courses, marketing, Twitter and more. AMA 👇

Replies

Pascio
Hey Aadit! Awesome initiative. Gotta ask the obvious one: quality or quantity? Other than that, I’m curious what advice you’d give yourself in the beginning of your Twitter journey if you could go back in time?
Aadit
@iampascio I want to say quality every single time. But the answer (I think) is quantity in the beginning. Get the reps in. Improve the skill of writing. And then focus on quality. 2. I wouldn't change a thing.
Pascio
@aaditssheth Great to know on the first one. For the second one, I meant more In terms of what advice would you wish someone had given you when you started out?
Aadit
@iampascio I wish I was told this (h/t Romeen Sheth recently): Write stuff that you want people you look up to, to read.
Abhishek Shah
What is the one thing on Twitter you do differently today than when you started off?
Aadit
@abhishekshah_173 Wouldn't change a thing. I'm glad about how it worked out. I got to meet you.
Savio ❤️
What were the major decisions you took to grow your Twitter account from 0 to 100k+?
Aadit
@saviomartin Writing threads has been the main driver of growth on Twitter. Even if you don't get followers from the thread directly, you'll be building a library of content for your future audience to consume.
Sharath Kuruganty
Hey Aadit! Thanks for doing the AMA! A couple of questions: 1. What advice do you give people who get disappointed because the results are not coming their way? 2. I personally know you when you had 1000 followers on Twitter, and now you have grown to a massive audience(super inspiring and proud to see you grow). What was the whole experience like?
Aadit
@5harath 1. If results are not coming, it's probably best to take a break and analyse why they're not coming. It helps to talk to people you trust or are a couple of steps ahead of you. For example, if you need help with marketing your cohort-based course, it's probably best to talk to someone who is a couple of steps ahead of you (in terms of revenue, customers, class size) to learn from. 2. It's been rewarding. As your audience size grows, it becomes difficult to filter out the people that are worth talking to or you will get along well with. The benefit is that you have a lot of people to choose from. The downside is that the filtering process becomes more difficult. Overall, been loving the experience. Because I get to feel like I have a lot of smart friends without the drawbacks of "being famous".
Michael Silber
What is the most valuable tools for creating your Twitter presence and why?
Aadit
@product_at_producthunt Great question. I love talking about tools. There are so many options to choose from. I just choose one and stick to it. Thread writing: typefully.com Analytics: ilo.so Twitter chrome extension (to engage and schedule replies, retweets etc): blackmagic.so I've shared it here: https://bio.link/aaditsh
janvikaur panesar
Hey @aaditssheth, Thanks for the AMA! I understand tools are essential for analytics, scheduling and automation. But I'm curious to understand are tools essential for growing your audience and building your presence? Do they matter?
Aarshavi Shah 🧑‍🚀
Hey Aadit! Is posting a thread once in 10 days a good pace initially for building an audience? I am asking since I like to write high quality content.
Aadit
@aarshavishah If you're maximizing for audience growth, it's better to post once a week. Remember, the more you post, the better you'll get at writing too (which means the higher the quality of your threads which potentially means more engagement). Write as frequently as you can without burning yourself out or feeling like it's a chore.
Paulo Castellano
@aaditssheth when you started, how much was your frequency, do you remember?
Anil Meena
How do you manage ideas about what piece to write about? and how much preplanning do you do to write??
Aadit
@anil_meena21 I usually come up with an idea on the spot (on a walk, or inspired by a conversation with a friend). I jot down some notes and expand when I'm back on my laptop (no particular schedule). I tend to post the thread next week.
Jill Andresevic
Curious what your top 3 things a founder should do to increase their Twitter presence. Also what is your favorite place to publish, Medium, Substack or...? Thanks 🙏🏼 ⭐️
Sachin Jain
Great work @aaditssheth on Twitter stuff. Building presence on Twitter is a long term thing and I often fall for the short term & immediate things to work on :-) Any specific advice?
Srivar Harlalka
Hi Aadit, thanks for sharing your insights! One quick question around community building on Twitter ~ so if we were to pick a niche space, in my case, cryptocurrencies, what is the best way to attract the right kind of people who would interact with the post as well?
Fariz Hakim
Hey there! Curious to know: Has studying mechanical engineering helped you in any way on the other projects? Cheers!
Manab Boruah
Do you use any platform for your community?
ydjdhdbsgv shshshsdhs
Hey Aadit, nice to meet you! It's great to see that you're not only a student but also an Instructor for the Makers Mark cohort-based course. Building a community around audience-building and helping founders with their Twitter presence and content creation sounds fascinating. I'm curious to learn more about cohort-based courses, marketing strategies, and your experiences with Twitter. Feel free to ask me anything as well!