Hello SEO people! What is the best possible way for Link-building?

Roy
43 replies
How do you do your research? Which tools do you use? How do you search for the email ids?

Replies

Tedel
The first tip I can give you is to review your site and make sure you deserve links. If not, the uphill will be very, very steep. The second one is to be friendly. Bloggers receive link requests often, so you need to stand out from the majority of "link-beggars" out there.
Roy
@simplytedel Thanx! How do we approach bloggers in the initial stage? Can you share some insights?
Tedel
@roy_outgrow Comment their blogs or their social network updates. Get under their radar. It is easier to get a link from someone you know than from someone who considers you a stranger.
David Lauchenauer
Read an interesting article yesterday on indiehackers. WIll be interesting for you: https://www.indiehackers.com/pos...
Uku Kudu
Make very good evergreen content and network with people who would link to you 😇
Roy
@uku_kudu Now, how do I do the networking? How can I find people online who are looking for the same?
Uku Kudu
@roy_outgrow Good question. The secret is to have Dream 100 influencer list. For example watch this video: https://www.facebook.com/watch/l... Russell Brunson is very cool ❤️ Basically, you have a list of blogs. You join their community( social + other) and start to give some value to other members. #comment. Then maybe in 2 or 3 months, you can ask something in return from the blog owners/influencers. Maybe a link? Try to find subjects that compliment your influencer list people. Only one rule. Can't sell in your blog the same category or similar product as the influencer sells 😇 Another way is to find broken links and give your link to change it.
Alejandro Cantarero
Ahrefs has a really good free offering while most other tools you usually have to pay. https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Anne Warren
As a NYT contributor, I would say that guest posting is a great weapon for link building
Roy
@anne_warren Thanx Anne! How can we approach news agencies for guest posting? Do they entertain product based guest posts? I have been searching for this..
Lauren Proctor
In the last 10 years of my career I learned there are two very different approaches to link building. The first gives you notoriety and referral traffic. The second, if done well, is a means to an end where you earn your place at the top of targeted search results. If you divide your efforts between these two techniques strategically you'll be unstoppable: 1. Press (aka the Notoriety Route) - Create something phenomenal (bonus points if it stands the test of time). Package that phenomenon so it's easily translated into a news story. Build relationships and pitch journalists who write about what you're doing. Creating a story that stands out against the landscape isn't easy, but it's well worth it. If you do this right, you can get placements in publications such as Forbes, Inc, New York Times, WSJ, and more. Depending on the publication, the links you build via this method will boost your domain authority, drive referral traffic, and help you drive sales via social proof. 2. SEO Juice - This kind of backlink tends to be more of a brute force means to an end. These backlinks won't get you referral traffic but you can use them to earn your way to the top of the Google search results. First, optimize your page and on-site experience so that when Google crawls your page, they know what you're about. Then dominate the SERPs by building more relevant and high authority backlinks than the competition. In this case, I recommend owning your tier 2 backlinks via personal domains or Web 2.0s. As you move away from the money page your link quality can decrease. In some cases I send so many spammy backlinks to a T3 or T4 backlink that I blow my page right out of the index. Link juice still passes through though, and you still see the benefit. Disclaimer: Although this second approach is extremely powerful and effective, I always make people aware of the potential risks before I go this route. I encourage everyone else to do the same. *** I know that's a lot, but I hope it's a helpful start. Feel free to ping me if you want me to describe anything further. Whatever the case, good luck. Link building is hard (and rewarding) work.
Lauren Proctor
@roy_outgrow Thanks! If you have any additional questions or want to dive deeper, feel free to message me directly!
Roy
@laurenproctor32 Sure! I will be working on link building for the next few months...I am sure a lot of questions will come up as I dig deeper ...Thanx a lot Lauren..
David Henzel
One of my portfolio companies (https://shortlist.io/ ) builds a TON of links for our customers every day. @dave_schneider is our CEO. Maybe he wants to share some of our secrets :p
Dave Schneider
@davidhenzel Yes happy to chat, ping me dave@shortlist.io if any questions. Personally still a big fan of contextual links built through guest posting.
Alexander Melnyk
You should create a valuable content that is interesting for mutual guest-posting, basically it's the key to covering your link-building tasks in a "white-hat" way instead of using some hidden tactics :)
Anthony Bronchales
White hat tactics work when there is little competition. When there is a lot of business at stake...the only way is the black hat and a PVN. Empresa de Posicionamiento Web
Jessica Erdman
There are tools that let you study competitor's backlinks! And you can see what kind of publications they're in. I use Mangool's backlink analysis.
Roy
@jessica_erdman Thanx Jessica....But how do you approach the bloggers? And how do you find the email ids?
Akash
Consistent and Authoritative long form content along with best On-page SEO practices will get you backlinks naturally in 3-6 months
Roy
@akash_ambade1 Thanx Akash...I am looking to generate backlinks for some of our blogs....I am facing two main problems: 1. Finding blogs that are willing to go for backlink collaborations 2. Finding the email id of bloggers Can you help on this? Thanx
Akash
@roy_outgrow Yeah but what are the niche topics you keep churning blogs about? Is that also around Content Mktg and SEO?
Roy
@akash_ambade1 No! Interactive content to be very precise...yeah you can say its a part of content marketing..but for now I am specifically looking to generate links for our interactive content blogs
Akash
@roy_outgrow You can tap into individual bloggers on LinkedIn.. who will definitely be up for back links and guest posts
Lilit Madison
SEO can be internal (optimization within the site, working with text, metadata, keywords, etc.), external (working with the reference mass), technical (this can include the elimination of technical errors, work on increasing page loading speed, eliminating broken pages, etc.). Usually, it may take from 4-7 months to get a return after the launch of site promotion work, but during my last SEO through link building guide ( https://myprofitengine.com/link-... ) , the first positive results were achieved within 3 months which at first I could hardly believe. Especially they provide rather good keywords, content optimization, and increasing page loading speed.