Hello. I am new to creating new products. I need your advices.

Artur Teregulov
5 replies
Today I registered to talk about my product, but new accounts do not have the necessary rights. We'll have to wait a week, but for me it won't be long, since I created my MVP back in August last year. I read recommendations on how to present a product at PH. Everywhere it is written that you need to carefully prepare for your only chance to talk about the product. But it seems to me that creating and launching a good product is not something that happens the first time. I believe that creating and launching products is a craft that needs to be developed gradually. I am not an experienced businessman. And now I have a lot to learn. I need to learn how to invent a product. I need to learn how to implement one selected product. I need to learn how to present my products to clients. Maybe I missed something important? Add me in the comments please. To solve these problems, I decided to try myself in the challenge of launching 12 projects in 12 months. I'm a programmer, and in August last year I developed an MVP product relatively quickly. But I haven't announced it here yet. I need to do this to close the gestalt and move on to the next product. Yesterday I was in therapy with my psychologist and we found it hard to get people's attention. We've done some exercises and maybe that's why I'm back to my PH declaration task. I also noticed that here, in the free plan, there will be no opportunity to talk about my second product. The paid plan costs $59 per month. But I'm not sure that even one of my future products will bring even a hundred dollars. Moreover, I have no illusions that I will quickly create a useful project and get into the international news agenda. I need a platform for my careful experiments to bring the project to the public and get feedback. Perhaps the RN administration will be able to create some kind of section for less experienced startups. Or maybe someone else can suggest a better site. Or I can take the initiative to create such a community into my own hands. I looking for friends and associates. Maybe someone will give me an idea for the next product. I would also appreciate information on where to look for consumer needs. Since childhood, I dreamed of creating IT products. I became a successful programmer 10 years ago, but still haven't created my own successful project. Help me join the startup movement. Thanks for attention.

Replies

Artur Teregulov
I look forward to your comments.
Yuri Lisin
Hey Artur! It is a rare case when somebody has the product idea and a complete understanding of how to deliver it to the market. Even in that case, as you mentioned it is better not to have any illusions that it will become popular right away. So it is always starting simple - getting feedback - navigating - sometimes pivoting etc. As for the platform to get early feedback, besides PH, I'd suggest Indie Hackers, since the community is very open to discussing experiments and personal stories. Also, I hope that Tokenhunt.club will be useful for getting early feedback and a loyal audience. I'm participating in this project and currently working on Beta, so I feel responsible for this to happen. And lastly, to get some inspiration and insights about the product idea, I haven't yet found a better solution than twitter. Once I started to follow a good amount of experts from the industries that I care about, I always find some insights from their posts and the discussions they initiate. Anyway, wish you the best of luck in your product creator's journey!
Ivan Ralic
Launching soon!
I've had a few startups and a outsourcing agency in the past. My current startup is almost 6 years old, currently at about 15 people (max was 22). It's enterprise-grade SaaS present in EU, US and UK markets. I'm now exiting that startup to launch something new. Some would say that I have experience in building, marketing, sales etc. But I would disagree. In Entrepreneurship there's always a lot new things to learn. So I would firstly suggest 3 short books: ➜ E-Myth - Entrepreneurship ➜ From zero to one - Change the world ➜ Mom Test - Get to customers When it comes to communities there are: ➜ YC Startup School and YC Build Sprint (strongly recommend) ➜ Indie Hackers ➜ Product Hunt On Product Hunt you don't need to launch to get feedback and first customers. I've shared with dozens of people my new startup here in the discussions. Just like this https://www.collabwriting.com 😄 And last but not least. You best learn from doing. Just build something, anything, and launch it on product hunt as soon as possible 😄 I do what I preach. I'm new to product hunt, and for the past 24h I've been building https://www.producthunt.com/post... Tomorrow is the launch, it will probably fail but I will definitely learn from this experience 😊 Wish you all the best! Build-Learn-Repeat 🚀😄
Ivan Ralic
Launching soon!
@ateregulov just an update. I've totally f**ked up everything (even before I've started) 😅 Just start something 😄 https://www.producthunt.com/disc...