Have you used Discord to stay connected with your users?

Matt Benites
9 replies
We have all normal social media outlets like Insta/Fb/Twitter/Pinterest/etc., but we recently started a Discord channel for our users so they can interact even more directly with the dev team and other "Musers" that have been using MuseCCA. So far, this has been an excellent source of quick and easy feedback for bugs and other freelancers and business owners who want to use Muse. Have you tried it? If you have, what's it been like so far? Hope everyone has a great week and signs a million dollar contract! :)

Replies

Matt Benites
Oh and here's our Discord community link if you want to talk with us about anything! :) https://discord.gg/y9MFCMPprT
Ruben Wolff
How do you make it work exactly, connecting with users through Discord?
Scott Schwarz
@rubenwolff We are all pretty big nerds to begin with, haha, so our Discord app is probably next to or underneath our Teams app. The secret is to create a good set of roles and partition your server so that different types of users have different areas to communicate with you. This prevents losing information in "general" channels, and gives your customer base a great place to come in and tell you what they want to see. You want to foster creativity in one space, and handle critical feedback in another. Humility and humbleness are key - most people joining will likely have a qualm to start with. Its up to you and your team to deliver a great experience that makes them tell their friends about you. Hope this helps! Feel free to join our server (I work with Matt, above) if you would like some guidance on setting up your own. Networking means the world to me.
Alice Rodgers
I was reading manhwa at Discord
Tom Agrimbau
I have the same doubt, haven't figured out yet
Veronika Nesheva
We did use discord for our last product, for a mix of of support& community building purposes. It actually worked quite well. We could also add a bunch of automations to streamline things. Aside from our customers, our engineering team also quite liked the support process. Our target user base were actually regular users of discord already, so am not sure if it would have went as smoothly, had they not been exposed to it. Has anyone else had experience with this?
Scott Schwarz
@veronica_nesheva Its definitely not the "major" platform, but we find people who do use it are more likely to come engage than Slack public channels. We offer "old fashioned" customer support through forms, emails, and other familiar systems, but the feedback loops with direct communications are invaluable to company vision.
Veronika Nesheva
thanks @scott_schwarz! Just curious here, do you use a specific tool to feed data from all customer support channels into one place? We actually stuck to only discord last time because we wanted to temporarily simplify our customer support process & data gathering ( and discord seemed like an optimal choice for our target niche).
Scott Schwarz
@veronica_nesheva Great minds think alike! Discord allows your servers to include Bots, which can handle automating pretty much anything you need. Some good examples are Auto-moderation bots, Timezone bots, Trello/Dev-Ops/Jira bots (for features), announcements, polls, etc. You can use these automated systems to rapidly create Customer Support tickets and fill in your backlog while you and your team build strong relationships. As for recommendations, I do not know any exact bot names (but they are out there). Our team built our own so we can do custom processes; there are tons of different libraries to expedite building one out. Feel free to stop by ours, or chat to me on here, if anyone would like some guidance on setting up a server and automating some of the low hanging fruits.