Have you tried any methods to read professional books faster and memorize information better?

Replies

Alissa Anne Pagano
Doesn't help with read speed at all, but for me, writing a quick summary afterward in my own voice helps cement the info and make it extra understandable as well
Анатолий Петров
@alissaannepagano By "fast" I mean without stretching the reading process. Slowing down of the process of reading a book more often occurs due to difficulties with the assimilation of information and due to the lack of motivation to continue reading a "boring" book.
Alissa Anne Pagano
@justtol Oh I see, absolutely. When I begin to slow down too much, I try skipping ahead. Sometimes a concept will be explained with better context or new examples. If it was a problem of interest, that allows me to see if I like other points being made or if maybe it's time to put down the book and try another. It can feel very daunting to "give up" on a book but they aren't always worth it. & I saw your other comment and completely agree. I am actually trying to start a professional reader community right now with partnered reading as one of the goals!
Anton Ross
Now there are many Youtube channels that make animated retellings of books. I study most of the material this way. With a good presentation, the information is well remembered
Anupama Panchal
They say you memorise best when you write handwritten notes. https://bigthink.com/surprising-...
Анатолий Петров
Have you tried discussing the book with a partner? We share notes and thoughts on each chapter. Sometimes we try to ask questions about the general ideas of the chapter. This approach works very well, also it motivates to continue reading on a regular basis. But it is quite difficult to find a partner for the same book and the same pace of reading.