Have you ever created a video resume; how was your experience?

Elena Cirera
11 replies

Replies

Hussain Effendi
I actually had to do that once and it was really awkward because I am super duper conscious when I look into the camera. I love talking though! But given the camera in my face scenario, it was one big task. I guess that's a reason I never heard back from the company that I applied to at that point of time..lel...
Elena Cirera
@heffendi Unfortunately, Some people have camera shyness or Scopophobia; in video resumes, they can not show their confidence and capabilities; this is a serious drawback of a video resume.
Hussain Effendi
@elena_cirera Absolutely agree to that! Video resumes to some extent are not a fair way for screening.
Jaskiran Kaur
I haven't created a video resume and in fact, heard the first time. I would love to know if you have created it, what was your experience.
I haven't tried a video resume, but I will try one. A video resume can quickly assess your personality, presentation and communication skills. The interviewer doesn't have to wait for the first meeting to analyze you. Your confidence, maturity, achievements, skills, work, in short everything, is visible right from the start.
Dawn Veltri
I haven't done a video resume on my own. BUT when I was in the job search process, there were several platforms HR departments sent me to, where I was asked to create a video resume and answer a few questions. It was pretty cool.
Elena Cirera
@dawn_veltri1 Many organizations prefer video resumes for particular job categories. Would you like to name a few platforms used by some HR departments?
Dawn Veltri
@elena_cirera Hi Elena, It was quite a while ago, so I don't remember most of them, but one was Hirevue.
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
I haven't thought about this, but maybe it makes sense. It would be nice to have a 30 secs video to present your motivation and a short summary of who you are. Do you know any platforms that allow this?
Elena Cirera
@bogomep It could be some sort of a short interview to show your interest and motivation for the job. My product VIDMONIALS provides a facility for remote video recording. A user of Vidmonials can send a web link to any person to record a video for them; that person can record a video for Vidmonials' user without downloading any software or registering to any website.
Amanda Trincher
Yes, and this is a good experience, in fact, I'm sure that such videos are more pleasant and useful to watch than to read resumes created using sites https://www.gotresumebuilder.com/ or something similar