Have you ever been burnt out? If so, what happened and what did you do to swing back into things?

Richard Fang
9 replies
I was having a personal discussion with one of my close friends about this today and would love to see some personal stories from the PH community on this one!

Replies

Jack Davis
I took a full week off and knew that I would be ready on the Monday when I returned. I think it is actually good to take time off when you need to recharge!
Roberto Robles
It's not common, but the last time it happened, I took a full weekend off and went a small trip with my wife. Came back Monday ready to keep going 👌
Wael Khattar
Early on in 2018 when I first started Anachron I was working as a bartender, a restaurant consultant, a tutor and building Anachron. I burnt out after around 9 months of working 15h+ a day. My productivity plummeted, I couldn't keep my eyes open at times when I needed to work. Today I manage my energy a lot better, I take at least a day off a week where I don't do anything related to work. Whenever I feel tired I manage to take the day off or at least work slowly, regenerate and then start again. It's a marathon not a race and that's something I've learned the hard way.
Richard Fang
@wael_khattar1 Love this comment Wael. This is exactly what I do today as well - I always leave a gap in the week to take some time off
Deepankar Bhade
This has happened 3times in 1.5 years and each time it gets solved by taking a break I would watch some web-series , read books , plan things in that time. In my latest break i watched "Silicon Valley" and i was back to working in 4days. 🚀
Lakshmi
Yes, just like all the above comments, my best solution to a burnout is a complete rest and break from the routine. My breaks have been anywhere from a weekend to a few weeks.
Julia Doronina
As for me, I am trying to relax, travel and spend time with my family