Hashnode or dev .to

Arpit Mishra
3 replies
For creating tech blogs, do you prefer hashnode or dev .to ? Anyone has any particular recommendations, and why?

Replies

Lucian Tartea
Dev.to for the audience. Hashnode is great if you are new to blogging and completely unfamiliar with WordPress. It can be the case for really young tech peers. But if you know WordPress I don't see many advantages in using Hashnode. I mean if it's your own blog you can set it up to have the least amount of WP specific issues. While benefiting of the pros: complete ownership on platform and content, impeccable SEO with Yoast plugin, flexibility for addons.
Arpit Mishra
@luciantartea Thanks. Had been fan to WP. But all new devs had been advocating Dev.to, Hashnode or Ghost
Lucian Tartea
@arpitmishra I subscribe to the Dev.to choice. For a long term blog that you want to monetize and control better, WP is still unbeatable in my opinion. I just started a new blog and did a thorough research for the platform. I was surprised WP still hasn't got a major contender. Last WP blog I built was over 5 years ago and expected things to change since then. But reality is they didn't