Has anyone applied to YCombinator before?

Solomon Bush
8 replies
Have you submitted your startup to YC before? If so, what was your experience. Just submitted my startup for the Summer 22 batch :)

Replies

Ivan Ralic
Launching soon!
Yes, but still not successfully 😅 For winter batch we were probably to late (we submitted it on 31st Dec.), but we'll try not to do that again 😂 I wish you all the luck with S22 batch! 🚀
Solomon Bush
@ralic Well they say that 70% (or something like that) of every batch are previous-applicants. So, most of the people that get accepted don't get accepted their first time! But thanks for the well-wishes! Same to you! I'll post an update when I find out if I get an interview. :)
Solomon Bush
@ralic Actually, ~70% was a little generous. I just looked it up and they say "In a typical YC batch, about the half companies applied multiple times before being accepted." But ~50% is still really good, and statistically significant enough to favor applicants applying multiple times. So honestly it may work out for the best that you missed the W22 batch lol
Ivan Ralic
Launching soon!
@solomon_bush I appreciate you coming back and clarifying this after figuring out the stats were wrong 😄 Yeah 50% is not bad at all 😄🚀
Konstantin
@ralic Same thing here! Identical 😅 We will be applying next year too. Are you planning to try again?
Konstantin
Good luck Solomon!! Hopefully you'll get the results you are aiming for!