Hardest or easiest work first?

Daria
18 replies
Hey, hunters! I have read a lot of articles about time management and productivity. And I noticed that in some articles it is recommended to do the hardest tasks first, while in others it is said that it is better to start with easy ones. Personally, I prefer to start with easy tasks as it allows me to get gradually into a working rhythm. What is your preferable way to start working: with easy or hard tasks?

Replies

Alina Ihnatiuk
I divide it into fast and long. For example, a difficult task can be quick.
Daria
@antonovna That's interesting! Thank you!
ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
I rather think of it as "signal over noise" just what's most impactful on your product first always!
Daria
@max15 that makes sence! Thank you for sharing!
Easy easy eays until the hard is mandatory for the next step of the project 😞
Donia Ahmed
For me starting with easy tasks and getting them finished makes you more enthusiastic and gives me push to get the harder tasks done
Daria
@donia_ahmed yes, same for me! Thank you for sharing!
Misha Krunic
In my case, usually, the easier ones get done first. However, if there's a high-priority difficult task it gets put in the first place on my to-do list.
Daria
@price2spy Of course, in this case it is necessary to start with a difficult one!
Fabian Maume
I think the question is more about short vs long task. You should start long tasks early on in order to be able to finish them during the day. Starting with a set of short tasks to get some energy for quickly tempting your backlog could be a good idea. I also have some short easy tasks planned in the middle of my afternoon in order to replenish my focus.
Daria
@fabian_maume Yes, I agree that it is more about long and short tasks! Thank you for sharing!
Ira GI
I do not have a plan for completing tasks and time to share them
Ana Dodig
In my case, the easier ones get done first.
Daria
@dodig_ana same for me! Thank you for participating!
soylakate
I prefer to start with hard tasks because this way the hardest part will be behind me and the rest of the day will be more pleasant.