Growth or profitability?

sulyman moyo
10 replies
Yeah I know "ideally both" But right now I'm 3 months into . NFT Hunt During month 2 i was focused on Growth and grew 50% that month >10% week over week. During Month 3 I was focused on Profitability and was able to cover my server bills $30/month I recently tried both the same time within the last 2 weeks and have grown about 5 % week over week and so far made $26 Should i substitute monthly ? or do you have any tips on combining both?

Replies

robiul haque
Difference between profitability and profit growth Profitability defines the relative number that is percentage that expresses the actual ratio between a firms profit and its revenue. ... Profit growth depicts the absolute number that depicts the difference between the company revenues and its incurred expenses.
Dagobert Renouf
Just curious how do you make money? I see no premium option anywhere.
Dagobert Renouf
@repreneur you mean you sell NFTS directly on your platform? So you're basically NFT ecom?
sulyman moyo
@dagorenouf No i buy NFTs based on what is upvoted also then resell basically i use the also feature my flips on the platform and leverage the value the platform provides to make sales which i then reinvest into the platform
Dimitris Karavias
Sounds like you're early so growth. I assume the Growth numbers you mention are growth in the number of users. Profitability in a marketplace-style model like yours is a percentage of transaction volume. Volume is users*number of transactions per user*average value of each transaction So it would make sense to focus on adding more users, identifying which ones spend the most, and build for them. When you have enough high-value transactions coming through you can focus on increasing your cut per transaction. Otherwise you're chasing pennies.
robiul haque
Image result for Growth or profitability? Profitability and growth go hand-in-hand when it comes to success in business. Profit is key to basic financial survival as a corporate entity, while growth is key to profit and long-term success. Investors should weigh each factor as it relates to a particular company.
Alexander Moen
First, it depends on your needs. If you as a founder need to make money to live and keep the product alive, focus on getting that first. Otherwise, I default to legendary VC Brad Feld and his "Rule of 40%." When you add up your revenue growth % gains + profitability % gains each year, if you're at 40% or more between the two, you're doing well. That could mean 40% increase in profitability and 0% growth, 20/20, 10/30, or whatever other combination.