📈 Grew from a 100 ➜ 200 signups in a week! AMA (jk)

Pierre Kraus
17 replies
Last week Telios reached a 100 signups, a week later we doubled the # of signups for our waitlist. We kept on focusing on non-scalable actions and gained a strong momentum (on our scale). It's not a long-term strategy for sure, but it helps to demonstrate the interest people show in our product. It builds credibility! Next target ➜ 250 signups 👊 Go Check Us Out

Replies

Kiran Kanakadandi (yugahq.com)
Congrats! Can you tell us a bit about your product, target market and what the non-scalable things where?
Pierre Kraus
@kirank5a Thanks! Telios is a private & secure email service. It gives its users complete ownership of their personal. This is made possible because: - Users' data is stored on their local devices - Emails flow through a peer-to-peer network, which means that every node (devices) act like a server & a client and when connected to the network data flows directly between the sender & the receiver and doesn't touch any other hardware. For the target market, less than 1% of the email market uses a private email provider. So, our first focus is on the 1%. However, users' growing concerns about their personal data and the new regulations (GDPR, CCPA etc) demonstrate the growth potential of the privacy market. For the non-scalable things I: - Privately messaged people to have feedback on our product (landing page, explainer video, copywriting...). - Met people in person through networking & entrepreneurial events. - Joined online communities and interacting 1 on 1. - Cold messaged people asking to check us out to potentially arouse their curiosity.
Kiran Kanakadandi (yugahq.com)
@pierre_kraus -- thanks for the details! Product sounds great! Indeed, private email is an emerging market and the hardware-free distributed storage sounds new. All the best!
Pierre Kraus
@kirank5a Appreciate the support! And yes, I believe for the only peer-to-peer email service right now.
Janinah
Congrats! However, I'm curious what do you mean by non- scalable actions?
Pierre Kraus
@janinah Thanks! My teammate @youreka listened to a startup podcast (online course) Alpe Audio and they suggested to start by building your user base using non scalable actions. Non scalable actions are ways to get new users but that are too time consuming if you keep operating this way. In my case this is how I did it: - Privately messaging people to have feedback on our product (landing page, explainer video, copywriting...). - Meeting people in person through networking & entrepreneurial events. - Joining online communities and interacting 1 on 1. - Cold messaging people asking to check us out to potentially arouse their curiosity. Hope it helps :)
Janinah
@pierre_kraus Ahh that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for taking the time to reply
Nishith from True Sparrow
Pierre! That's smart. I'm a big fan of doing non-scalable things early on. Wondering what's your next goal and when are you launching?
Pierre Kraus
@nishith_shah Thanks! And, the next goal is to keep on growing the waitlist using non-scalable things until the pre-launch, before scaling. We're are launching the closed beta for those who joined the waitlist in a couple of weeks. We will open the beta after that.
ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
Nice! 🤩📈