Grammarly for Knowledge - AI that recalls useful information from your notes, messages, and docs.

Nicholas Mohnacky
4 replies
Hi all, does anyone knows of a product that surfaces information?

Replies

Dave Mackey
You mean Memex (Vannevar Bush)? Still waiting for a good implementation of that one. If you find something, I'd like to know. Along those lines I use !Diigo for keeping highlights/notes from web reading (it also works with PDFs, can import Kindle highlights, etc. but I rarely use these...the experience isn't smooth enough). Unfortunately the service hasn't seen a lot of enhancements recently but still a pretty solid product. I also tried !Memex for a bit, haven't tried it recently. They have seem pretty big aspirations (per their name). !Raindrop is another useful one for link knowledge management. I'm also aspiring to build a next-gen web search engine that would handle web knowledge management - nextsearchengine.com. Theoretically it could provide a complete public knowledge management system - but I haven't planned anything for private knowledge management. Finally, I use Markdown for a lot of my notes. Keep it in a git repo. Can be pretty powerfully searched using Visual Studio Code or similar editor. I really like markdown. There are a few products out there that organize and link markdown docs but I haven't played around with any of them too much (yet). Obsidian is one I think.
Nicholas Mohnacky
@davidshq awesome reply! I'm super interested in what you're building at Next Search Engine. I would love to chat about that. As far as does this recall engine exist? I'm working on a solution at bundleIQ.com. Currently, it recalls your notes and connects you to relevant Wikipedia articles. We're using OpenAI's GPT3 for the NLP and semantic search. To your point, Obsidian is great for connecting ideas. Still, the problem is that these connections have to be made manually (supervised), which isn't scalable and doesn't actually recall. Excited to keep the convo going.
Alexander Moen
no, that sounds really cool though and I'd like to know if you find (or build!) anything like that. If it worked well, that sounds like it could be a game-changer for humanity, really. I typically throw things into Evernote and keep in mind the rough idea of what's in there for my future reference. Or, if it's more important, I physically write it down to have it stick in my brain more, and/or put an alarm or calendar note on it so that I don't forget whenever I know I'll have to reference that again.