Got my first 100 sign up users

Tony Yan
29 replies
After launching QuickTable public beta for about 2 months, we got our first 100 registered users. From amplitude data, our sign up rate is about 20%. We get our sign up users from the following channels: 1, Subreddits including sideproject, dataengineering,dataanalysis,startup. 2, Reddit marketing tool howitzer 3, Medium articles I published 4, Google search 5, Quora 6, Youtube channels 7, twitter

Replies

Akram Quraishi
Congratulations! Do you have any conversions to paid so far? if yes, which channel is doing the best in terms of quality leads? Also, which one of these channels do you think you would like to continue investing time in for the long run?
Tony Yan
@akramquraishi We are still in free phase currently, so no paid user. From my observation, reddit and medium are better.
Hélène SAN
Congrats on your first 100 sign-up users Tony! 👏👏
Cyrus
Congrats. How do you manage contents and communication across all these channels? How big is your team?
Tony Yan
@ruddy For marketing, I have an intern with me to do the works. The intern just join my team this month.
Cyrus
@zhitao_yan Can you please say more about what he/she has done. Because I have 3 interns and I have been trying to setup a work process that can get me my first 100 users. But so far I have failed. My product is a marketplace and I am focusing on people who count calories when they eat in restaurants.
Tony Yan
@ruddy 1, Run daily howitzer user search and send messages. 2, Write some blogs on our blog 3, Answer questions related to our product field on Quora 4, Instgram marketing because he is young men and like instgram. 5, Youtube video related on how to use our product to process data For myself, 1, Subreddit questions and post related to our product field. 2, Twitter post(I am trying to build my audiance) 3, Medium article ( I write 1-2 articles on medium every week)
Sonia Kost
Congrats! So many more awesome milestones to complete 🎉
Daniel Engels
Thank you for recommending Howitzer. I'll check this out. Aren't reddit users a bit hostile to outbound prospection like this?
Marie-Ange Koné
Hi, congratulation on the 100 users. I have a question, are you offering a B2B or B2C product?
Roberto Morais
Congratulations! Which channel performed better? From my experience once you find a winner it's better to double down on it. 🚀
Tony Yan
@robertomorais To me it is reddit and medium. I am thinking if linkedin can be a place to get earlier adopters.
Roberto Morais
@zhitao_yan Linkedin is a good medium for the correct personas. I checked your landing page found the value proposition interesting but it's not clear to me whose problem its solving? Is it for technical people without db knowledge? Or business people without tech knowledge?
Rich Watson
Congrats! It took us around 3 weeks to get our first 100 sign ups, and it was strictly from Discord. We'll be releasing our web browser app within the next few months where we'll also allow signups without a Discord account. Close to 9 months later we have 1,900 signups now and I'm stoked to see what happens when we allow regular signups with out needing a Discord account. Thanks for sharing those methods we plan to get our apps name out anywhere we can and I will explore some of those.
Tony Yan
@richw Oh, you are more successful than me. How did you do to get your users from Discord? Join some discord community?
Rich Watson
@zhitao_yan Well our app is only functional through a Discord bot, so the more servers that add it and use it the more users who see it when then more servers. So it grows itself. But when I started I reached out to some servers to let them know about it.
Tony Yan
Hi, We want to help those non-technical people who want to use data. For example, data analyst or business analyst who is not very familiar with SQL and Python.
Ingrid
Hello Tony! What great news - amazing! Here, we just launched our platform and now we are also working on brand awareness and good connections. Day by day here on Product Hunt, Indie Hackers, Beta Page and etc. On our LinkedIn page, we reached 45 followers but hopefully, we get to 100 followers :) If you would like to help us to get there, please follow us: https://www.linkedin.com/company... Let's connect! :)
Nicole Ogloza
How did you get them to sign up? Is it the messaging? Are you scraping data? How do you get your conversions higher? Thanks :)
Tony Yan
@nicole_ogloza Our product is freemium. User can sign up for free with our free plan. We are not scarping data currently. Just use some communities.