Get user feedback for $100

Ste
4 replies
I wanted to test out a concept - Most of us are looking for user feedback for our ideas. Say you'd pay $100 - and that would become a prize in a lottery. Users get a chance of winning if they offer you feedback. The catch - feedback has to be marked as helpful by the one who submitted to quality for the draw. After 7 days, someone randomly wins. You gamble with your feedback. How does that sound? Would you spend 100 bucks on such a service?

Replies

Stephany Dionysio
Let's compare this concept to, for instance, the respondent.io app. In this app, a user can apply to provide feedback in exchange for a preset fee... the problem with this approach is that we have many people applying and very few being selected. In these apps, there are several people eager to provide feedback in exchange for money but they never get selected. I think this gambling idea may work if you provide the "motion feeling" to these users. What I mean by that is to democratize the access to this feedback (in other terms, don't be too picky in terms of who can provide them). Of course, an hour interview for feedback is out of the question, I think this could work most in questionnaires and similar. I don't think people will spend their time like that out of the possibility to win a prize. That's my opinion. I'd spend 100 bucks on this service if you can provide me with good quality data regardless of the process.
Kasper Kerem
It really depends on what are your expectations. I personally doubt that money makes there a difference. Or actually, it makes, but... it sounds rather like a bribe. Better make a target group, have some interviews with them and you will have a much better result with higher quality. Also, if you want to have feedback on many things, just divide the group and ask some parts from each. This "helpful" is so subjective. For instance, for whatever reason, most reviews show "five stars" first. In reality, what usually is helpful are the "low stars". If you pay, are you expecting "low stars"? Human nature says, that rather high starts will be given in hopes of this 100
You might want to reach out to @trungdq88 he did something similar recently...
mypascoconnect
I think this could work most in questionnaires and similar. I don't think people will spend their time like that out of the possibility to win a prize. TargetPayandBenefits