Full automation in GDPR Compliance - is it possible or not?

Sergey Kretsu
3 replies
Hello dear Friends and Hunters! We've launched our SaaS for Startups and SMBs, named Defendocs today and I'd like to get your feedback on the following point: Please share you thoughts about automation in GDPR Compliance - is it possible or not? Is GDPR too complex and difficult to understang all the rules and regulation and fulfill it 100% in a short time?

Replies

Maciej Cupial
It depends on many things. If your business is a "template" business, you can generate a GDPR Compliance document. For example, we allow our customers at Calendesk to generate GDPR Compliance if they offer online booking services. Usually, it fits perfectly, but in the end, it is the same document for everyone but with a different company name.
Ivan Ralic
Launching soon!
I think this is missing a 3rd option. Understanding is not so hard, but implementation might become complicated. I have Enterprise-grade SaaS aimed at Telco Industry, we are GDPR compliant and ISO9001 & ISO27001 certified. From my experience the documentation and understanding is the easy part. The actual implementation especially if code refactoring is necessary is the hard part.
Cole Byrne
Full automation in GDPR compliance presents a complex challenge due to the dynamic nature of data processing and the necessity for human judgment in evaluating personal data usage. GDPR requirements encompass various aspects like data minimization, processing transparency, and individuals' rights, which are intricate to automate entirely. While automation can significantly enhance efficiency and consistency in compliance tasks, it requires a balanced approach with expert oversight to ensure nuanced compliance. In this context, https://simploud.com/ offers a streamlined compliance solution that intelligently combines automation with expert guidance. Their platform can automate repetitive tasks and manage documentation efficiently, ensuring that organizations remain up-to-date with GDPR requirements. By integrating Simploud into your compliance strategy, you can enhance your ability to maintain continuous compliance, reduce human error, and allocate resources more effectively. Nevertheless, it's crucial to maintain human oversight to address complex and nuanced aspects of GDPR compliance that automation may not fully grasp.