Founders, what is the best way to communicate with potential customers for a B2B startup?

Vladyslav Khorovodnykov
6 replies
Our team work on startup for multi-cloud security automation, we have the set of product hypothesis, and we want to validate them to build the product with important features, I think we need to speak with CEOs, CTOs of SaaS companies, how we can do this effectively, what is the best way?

Replies

Rosie Higgins
We're still very early to this game as well, and our product potentially has a different approach. But for us it was all about leveraging our network and getting introductions from our contacts and advisors. Having someone from outside the company personally vouch for our product was so important. Our product involves a substantial behaviour change so we really need to build up relationships with our users.
Ha Anh Luu
For me, working with blockchain industry and then trying to sell the product to non-blockchain-expert is really difficult. We tried reaching out to developers community, blockchain communities, ads, etc. But the best way is still the face-to-face interaction in tech events and conferences.
Amirali Nurmagomedov
I don't know the best, but I think I know the worst ones (: Any cold related (email, DM, etc) ways doesn't really work. Having a personal connection helps, even if your network doesn't interested with your product, maybe someone from their circle could.
Max Tee
In Security it depends what exactly you are doing. We developted a sec Tool, too. We learned much about the needs talking to Managed Service (security) Providers. If you want, just tell me what you want to as a security saas :-)
Vladyslav Khorovodnykov
@max_tee Thank you for your reply. At an early stage, it must be only a single dashboard to check misconfiguration, unauthorized access, etc. What you can recommend for better understanding customers' needs?
Max Tee
@vladyslav_khorovodnykov As I have already said. It's best to talk to IT service providers. They have seen a lot and know their customers. Furthermore, they like to look at new software that they can profit from.