For a Sales Strategy - Drop your product site here in comment.

Satyendra Sahani
146 replies
Getting early customers is always a pain and challenge for all the products and startups. Drop your site here in the comment and I will write a brief sales strategy experiment for you. Comments will be open for feedback.

Replies

Mitko Slavkov
Good Sales advise is always welcome in my world! swayde.app
Mitko Slavkov
@satyendra_sahani Thanks for flagging this issue. Could you try typing in your browser swayde.app https://swayde.app
Satyendra Sahani
@mitko_slavkov Not able to open your site. Some security issue.
Pritam Nanda
Hey! Thanks for the generous offer. Here's the link to our product. Waiting to hear back. TIA. www.findz.app
Cory Crapes
@pritam_nanda92 very cool idea, and your site looks great. Look forward to supporting your upcoming launch.
Pritam Nanda
@cory_crapes Thanks a lot. We are currently live on the upcoming page here: producthunt.com/upcoming/findz I would love to hear about what you are working on as well.
Cory Crapes
@pritam_nanda92 We are launching on 2/23, so you don't have to wait long. I subscribed to your upcoming page.
Pritam Nanda
@cory_crapes Awesome. Waiting for you to launch RAEK! Thanks for subscribing to Findz :)
Björn Morén
@pritam_nanda92 FYI, looks like the app store buttons are misaligned on your website. They cover the description text and makes it hard to read.
Misha Krunic
Hey, interesting topic! I'm currently working on https://botmenot.com/ so I would be very interested in what you can come up with.
Satyendra Sahani
@price2spy Your customers are basically companies whose site can be attacked by bots. If I would have been in your place, i would have done the below steps. List down 10,000 sites -> run the tests on all -> find which sites are prone to get attacked by bot -> get the contacts of the PM(there are many ways for this) -> Send them email with information but do not tell what you found in the first email -> if reply, take it forward -> if not, send them what you found in your 2nd email. You can fairly automate the above process. And if you can get 1% of 10,000 then you will have 100 Customers with you. Lets discuss more, if you agree/disagree.
Misha Krunic
@satyendra_sahani Thank you for a great suggestion! Will definitely have it in mind.
Satyendra Sahani
@robbert_johnson1 Robbert, looks like your site is still under development. I tried clicking on the tabs to understand more but nothing was happening. I really need to understand more to write anything here.
Jennifer
Hey Satyendra, Here's the link to what we are working on: www.voiaje.com Interested to hear your thoughts!
Cory Crapes
@jennifer00 I currently use Fine Scanner, would this be able to replace that? Or is this specifically for travel? Good luck on your product.
Satyendra Sahani
@jennifer00 Find and become part of traveller groups across all the social media channels. Do a group post -> See the response Do a cold DM -> See the response And repeat... There is challenge with this app - I have to manually upload the documents. Can you solve this part if I give you my gmail access. It will be a game changer.
Jennifer
@cory_crapes It doesn't scan but it organized documents in one place and was designed specifically for travel. Thanks for the feedback :)
Jennifer
@satyendra_sahani That's great feedback, we will look into the gmail access and test group posts. Thanks Satyendra :)
N. van Dort
Hi, sounds good! Please have a look on https://www.qruplo.com. I'm really looking forward to your feedback. Thanks in advance!
Satyendra Sahani
@nick_naam Today every file explorer app have this functions( you might have some USP over those) and apps like Files by Google and Shareit are giants in this space. Very difficult to fight those with ASO description. So that means to show your app on top when these giants are being searched is only one way left - Ads Give a try with a small budget and see the downloads trend. Bottomline - Your app should be in top 5 app list when searched those very popular apps. Let me know if I got right about your product.
Roman Vorozhtsov
We have made a simple website where you can download any program: https://install.download/. There is an idea to sell training courses and consultations on the use of software for all people. I am interested in your opinion about this idea!
Satyendra Sahani
@roman_vorozhtsov I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@roman_vorozhtsov I checked out your product. And I have some question for you - What are you selling there? Right now anyone can download and use any software from there. How are you making money?
Roman Vorozhtsov
@satyendra_sahani We launched the website a week ago. We will make money: 1. Advertising 2. Online courses on working with software
Cory Crapes
Always open to other perspectives, check us out at https://www.raekdata.com/
Satyendra Sahani
@cory_crapes I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@cory_crapes The best ways for you is SEO and paid ads - Which you must be aware and already doing it. Let me try something else for you. Product integration with products which provides the marketing campaign set up tool like Hootsuite, Hubspot, Canva etc. Because, use of the those data which is collected by you if directly gets passed to marketing campaign it will bring the final outcome of your product. Through product integration - Users of such product will come to know about your product and might try out. What do you think of this?
Cory Crapes
@satyendra_sahani completely agree, we have our Zapier integration currently in beta with Zapier which is unlocking thousands of applications like those you stated for our clients. Our team is working on building more direct integrations as we speak. Thanks for taking the time. Appreciate your thoughtfulness on this.
Björn Morén
Thanks. I'm open to suggestions and advice. Athletium.app (not sure why I'm not allowed to write the full URL, it says "invalid content detected").
Satyendra Sahani
@bjorn_moren I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@bjorn_moren Run daily free sessions. You must have some trainer in your company. if not hire one. 1. Run multiple free sessions - Daily 2. Ask all the users to use the app to log their activities 3. Record videos of those session - Use those as content for social media marketing 4. Have premium service inside the app which will unlock if some one refer some one. This will multiply the whole user-base. I am very positive for idea - I have a personal experience. Let me know if you want to hear that.
Björn Morén
@satyendra_sahani Thanks for taking the time. I already have benefits for referrals in the app, and I agree that's a great way to create a snowball effect. I'm not convinced that my clients are interested in free sessions, but I'll think some more about it. But I can see why that would be a good idea for generic fitness apps.
Gabriel paradiso
Hi Satyendra! I'm building a management tool for fitness studios at www.gymbosses.com. I'm an engineer with a clear technical view, but cero growth/marketing experience. I'm struggling to find my first 10 users (fitness studio owners). Would appreciate any advice. Thanks, Gabriel
Satyendra Sahani
@gabriel_paradiso I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@gabriel_paradiso Two suggestions for you. 1st => Hire sales interns - Ask them to run on road. 1. Get list of all gyms you want to target 2. Ask them to visit 10 per day 3. Expect a conversion rate of 1%. It means one intern goes on road for 10 days and then he will get 1 customer for you. 2nd => Help these gyms find more users for them 1. Can you list these gyms on your portal? 2. Users can search gyms 3. Book sessions and visit 1st one, you should start right way whereas 2nd one you should have this in product roadmap. Happy to clarify more on the same. Let me know.
Rey Cruz
We are a platform for mobile car care services like car washes, oil changes, tire replacement and more. https://www.sponges.app/
Satyendra Sahani
@rey_sponges I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@rey_sponges There are so many ways to sell this solution. Here is the one - 1. List out all the apartments in the geography, you are serving 2. Go and partner with their society chief 3. Put a poster in all notice board in all the apartment This will help you reach as many as car owners possible. Do try this. Low cost with High Return.
Satyendra Sahani
@birju_gurung I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@birju_gurung Your target segments are non-tech people and businesses like doctors, artists etc. Can you make beautiful templates for such people, category wise? if yes, go and become part of such groups in all the social media platforms. Let them know that you have some beautiful templates ready fro them to make a site for them. You can also cold message such people with respective template. Start with one, try and see. Expand to different segments in next steps.
Birju Gurung
@satyendra_sahani Thank you for the great suggestion! Will definitely do it.
MINHUI ZHU
Hey thanks for your kind offer! Here's our website www.poppyapps.com and it's a mobile shopping platform actually. Looking forward to your feedback!
Satyendra Sahani
@minhui_zhu I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@minhui_zhu Minhui, Few questions - Is it reseller based, like amazon? or you have your items to sell? Are these items exclusive to your stores or these are available anywhere else?
MINHUI ZHU
@satyendra_sahani Hi satyendra! it's reseller based like amazon! And we are recruiting more and more sellers at the moment.
Janak Patel
Hey Satyendra, I'm eager to see your response. I'm working on - https://dolphyn.nullinnovation.com/
Satyendra Sahani
@janak_patel56 I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@janak_patel56 Janak, it might be funny but this is honest answer. You are a marketing tool company - so you know the drill on how to get the traffic on your site. A creative idea for you. Build different landing page to show when traffic lands on your site. And say this - "YOU DIDNT COME HERE BY CHOICE, YOU HAVE BEEN BOUGHT BY OUT MARKETING TOOL" and have a bigh laugh there. And simply saying - this is what we can do it for you. Nothing else, I could think for you.
Shravan Shandilya
Hey Satyendra, I'm building liveweb.space. It's a tool for makers to go live on their website during their Product Hunt launch. Here's a demo:
I would love to get your perspective on this. Thanks so much for doing this!
Satyendra Sahani
@iam5hravan I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@iam5hravan Shravan, great idea. You are at the right place and right effort - Letting people know about your product while they plan their launch. You should integrate with such platform. For example what if this gets included under PH pricing model. And all the PH launch will have this piece of integration. And not just PH, you should go and integrate with all those platform which helps people launch their product. - https://2muchcoffee.com/blog/top...
Eli Galarza
Artifactnft.io cant wait to hear back :)
Satyendra Sahani
@artifactnft I am replying from top. Please allow me some time and I ll be back with something for you as well.
Satyendra Sahani
@artifactnft Its really cool. I already see that you have partnered with Opensea. Thats great. Your customers are NFT buyers who will actually have those lockets. But to sell them those you need to go from the route of NFT creators. Get the list of creators Give them 40% commission from your revenue. Ask them to sell this along with NFT Hardest part is getting the list of those creators. You need to find like this - https://influencermarketinghub.c...
Eli Galarza
@satyendra_sahani thanks for the response im glad you like the product! the link you shared will be very helpful and im in agreement that influencer marketing will be key!
Matt Morris
Hey Satyendra! Agreed, finding early customers is always a challenge. I'm working on https://useblotter.com, been experimenting with a few contact methods but would love to hear your thoughts. I'm primarily a product/coding guy, so this is a whole new world for me. Thanks in advance!
Satyendra Sahani
@morrism Matt, You can turn a blog into Twitter thread. You can use the content loop to acquire more customers. How? List out 1000s blog. Run your algorithm and draft twitter threads for those separately Go and comment those in the blog comments Let them know how their blog can be converted in Twitter thread I am sure, you will acquire many customers there. Try and let me know if this works.
Craig Hill
Thanks for the offer @satyendra_sahani SPENDiD's new web app is a budget hacking and savings solution focused on twenty-somethings. https://spendid.io/ You can log in to the beta version of the app thru the main website or directly at https://app.spendid.io/ using Login ID demo@spendid.io and 1234 as password. Love to hear your ideas and feedback using the button at bottom of the app itself.
Satyendra Sahani
@814chill Craig, You have to work on your site and dashboard a lot. Idea is really good but honestly speaking it is not ready for monetisation. This is consumer app, you should not leave any hole to leave once anyone enters there. Give this access to your friends and family, I am sure you can get 20-25 of those using your product. Make it solid and then sell.
Christian C
Thanks for the offer @satyendra_sahani - here's my upcoming product https://www.producthunt.com/upco... . Looking forward to hear your thoughts!
Satyendra Sahani
@chriscarex Christian - Here are few things for you. I went to playstore and I see the app is INR 500. You should let user download first, try the app and then limit the number of text they can convert. I ll tell you why - There are tens of app in playstore with free download. So let them try your first before they pay you. 2nd - Your main customers will be Business like education, banks etc. Sell your APIs to these businesses. Let me know what you think on this.
Christian C
@satyendra_sahani both good points. I made a free version called WordsFromImage Lite with limited features because of that. I decided to keep the other as paid without subscription to reduce the hassle of sign in. Is there a way to provide a trial version of the app in the app stores? Or any good paid subscription services you or anyone else here is using? The API is ready as well, just waiting to release it after the initial response on the apps :) And thanks for your suggestions!
Pranita Kakade
Hey! This is amazing. Here's what we're working on: https://convin.ai/ It would be great to get some feedback.
Satyendra Sahani
@pranita_kakade17 Pranita, you are selling a tool which increases sales, you must be the master of sales 🙏 Let me know what challenges, you are facing so that I can write very specific to it.