Finally - Implemented what everyone has been asking since Day 1 - 1st Aug 2020

Manoj Ranaweera
4 replies
www.skilledup.life went live on 1st Aug 2020 quietly. Without a miss, every week, someone at least mentioned why we did not speak of the Demand Side on the home page. Building a two-sided marketplace has its own challenges. You need to get the supply side ready before the Demand Side. Most visitors now understand the Supply Side. Before the festive season, we were adding 100 Volunteers every 3 to 6 days. We have a long way to go before we see daily sign-ups of tech startups. For the first time in our short history, I've brought up both the Supply Side (Volunteers) and the Demand Side (Companies) on to the Home page, above the fold. It's not perfect by any means. But really appreciate any feedback you have. Many thanks. Manoj

Replies

Elena Cirera
I wish you a prosperous year ahead!
Manoj Ranaweera
@elena_cirera Thanks Elena. Wish you the same. Any feedback? We had our 10th customer sign up last night after going live with the new home page. We need to get to a stage where a new customer sign up every day. A very long way to go.
Manoj Ranaweera
Wow! The best day for Volunteer signups! So far 55 today! Remember, it took me 176 days to sign up the first 100. The previous best day was 48 signups. If you are struggling to get users for your brand new tech product, it takes a long time in the beginning. I hope the above can inspire you a bit. www.skilledup.life - free talent for tech startups I'm hoping we could repeat the same for tech companies one day! It's free to create your company profile. Subscribe once you are ready to post the first Volunteer Opportunity.
That's great to hear - I've bookmarked the service once we've got some needs!